WORLD BANK GROUP CONTEXT
The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help poor nations reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. The vision of the WBG is to eradicate extreme poverty by reducing the number of people living on less than $1.25 a day to 3 percent by 2030, and promote shared prosperity by fostering the income growth of the bottom 40 percent in every country.
To achieve this vision, the WBG Board of Governors has approved a strategy for the organization. This strategy leverages, for the first time, the combined strength of the WBG institutions and their unique ability to partner with the public and private sectors to deliver customized development solutions backed by finance, world class knowledge and convening services. The strategy has three components: (1) maximizing development impact by engaging country clients in identifying and tackling the most difficult development challenges; (2) promoting scaled-up partnerships that are strategically aligned with the goals; and (3) crowding in public and private resources, expertise and ideas.
Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). IBRD and IDA are commonly known as the World Bank, which is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions, and fourteen Global Practices (GPs), reporting to three GP Vice Presidents, as well as five Cross-Cutting Solution Areas (CCSAs) to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
The Corporate Secretariat Vice Presidency (SECVP) of the World Bank Group supports the Board of Governors and the Executive Directors of IBRD, IDA, IFC and MIGA in executing their fiduciary and governance responsibilities. SEC therefore is unique in working across all the World Bank Group institutions (IBRD, IDA, IFC, MIGA, and ICSID) and serves as the key interlocutor between the Board of Governors, the Executive Directors, the President and Senior Management, operational management and staff. SEC’s primary purpose is to facilitate effective, efficient, and strategically focused interactions between the Board and Management to achieve the World Bank Group’s overall mission of poverty reduction.
The Corporate Secretariat Conferences Office (SECCO) reports to Director for Corporate Affairs and Administration in SEC.
Working with the Meeting Secretariat (MS), which is comprised of seconded Bank staff, contractual staff and vendors, SECCO is responsible for the management, planning and implementation of all logistical arrangements for the Annual Meetings, as well as over 250 ancillary meetings which take place at the time of the Annual Meetings of the Boards of Governors. The Annual Meetings take place two years in Washington D.C. using the Bank and the Fund headquarters buildings. Every third year, the Annual Meetings are held at an overseas location at the invitation of a member country.
SECCO also supports the management, planning and implementation of logistics for the Spring Meetings, the Development Committee, and related ancillary meetings.
Under the direction of SECCO Program Manager, the Conference Analyst is responsible for supporting and assisting the Program Manager in planning, implementing, monitoring, and coordinating a variety of Meetings- related tasks and projects.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Roles & Responsibility :
Under guidance of the Program Manager, the Conference Analyst is expected to:
1. Oversee the Spring and Annual Meetings Registration System
• To assist in supervising the work program of the MS Registration Team made up of seconded Bank Staff and short term consultants.
• To ensure the workflows of the Accreditation and Registration system for all attendee categories are in order.
• To liaise with Executive Directors’ offices, Bank Departments, external parties (such as Observer Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, Press/Media, Private
Sector, Academia and Vendors) on their accreditation and registration queries and
• To conduct quality control checks and review Registration workflows regularly and ensure best practices.
• To identify, formulate and review relevant reports required for pre-Registration, on-site Registration, records as well as for statistical purposes.
• To ensure integrity of Registration Database and oversee necessary system upgrades and enhancements.
• To liaise with IMF counterparts and ITS to ensure smooth Registration operations.
• To coordinate with host government on Registration logistics, host government’s guests and local staff/vendor registration.
Assist SECCO Program Manager in managing Human Resources for the Meetings Secretariat, and the Meetings Secretariat Human Resources System.
• Ensure respective Meetings Secretariat teams have relevant staffing.
• Advertise for vacancies and assist Officers/Team Leads in shortlisting and interviewing staff.
• Assist Program Manager in preparing Bank Department staff and Meetings Secretariat Staff for overseas Meetings.
• Assist Program Manager in recruiting local staff for overseas Meetings.
• Assist Program Manager in reviewing, updating and developing job description for the Meetings.
Assist Program Manager in planning and coordinating Transportation for the Meetings in Washington D.C. and overseas Meetings.
Assist Program Manager in coordinating Per Diem and Credentials of Governors and Alternate Governors.
5. Provide back up to the Conference Officers / Project Officer in SECCO in their absence.
Handles other ad hoc projects or research work relating to the work of SECCO, as assigned by the Program Manager.
Selection Criteria & Competencies :
· Minimum a Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline (Hospitality, Conferences or Events/Exhibition Management or Venue/Facility Management) with minimum of 2 (two) years of relevant experience or Bachelor Degree in other disciplines, with minimum of 3 (three) years of relevant experience.
· Has a well-rounded experience in event management, conference management and event communication. With strong knowledge of event registration systems. Knowledge of IT, Invitation and Budget Knowledge will be an added advantage.
· Strong written communication skills, especially the ability to draft correspondence.
· Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact with an extensive network of contacts at all levels, both internally and externally, and demonstrated ability to respond and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
· Has strong event operations knowledge and background of organizing medium to large meetings.
· Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proven ability to create and work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment, to perform effectively in a constantly changing environment with competing activities and demands, and to effectively serve as team member.
· Proven ability to supervise teams and manage vendors
· High degree of judgment and tact in handling sensitive and diverse matters.
· Copes effectively and is productive under work stress.
· Highly adaptable, flexible and innovative are key qualities to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
· Proficient use of all relevant computer software, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Knowledge of access database, keynote presentations and AutoCad would be an added advantage.
WBG General Competencies:
Deliver Results for Clients
• Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues
• Sets challenging goals that align with the WBG mission and is always looking to improve
• Understands clients’ most pressing challenges and contributes to solutions
• Takes personal responsibility for producing high quality work, identifying and informing of risks, and delivering results for clients
Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
· Keeps others fully informed to ensure integration and work consistency and displays a sense of mutuality and respect
· Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved
· Seeks and listens to input from others to inform own decision making and openly shares information
· Frames thinking/actions with a WBG corporate perspective in mind
Lead and Innovate
· Brings new and different insights
· Applies critical thinking to current approaches, identifies areas for improvement, and tries new solutions that drive results
· Considers own behavior in context of WBG’s values and mission and recognizes impact one has on others
· Operates in ambiguity and changing needs and supports others to do the same
Create, Apply and Share Knowledge
· Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions
· Contributes to the department’s and WBG’s body of knowledge by applying lessons learned and expertise
· Actively invests in own knowledge and seeks feedback
· Builds personal and professional networks within and beyond the work group
Make Smart Decisions
· Leverages available data and makes timely decisions
· Seeks and analyzes facts, data and lessons of past experience to support sound , logical decisions regarding own and others’ work
· Applies cost/benefit analysis to meet work program objectives
· Contributes to decision making by providing relevant risk-analysis
· Shows initiative when necessary, and makes decisions in a timely manner within own area of responsibility
Please apply through the World Bank Group portal :
Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise - New York, New York
Flik Hospitality Group - Boston, Massachusetts
Bobit Business Media - Torrance, California
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated - Chicago, Illinois
Naylor Association Solutions - Schaumburg, Illinois
This job has expired and you can't apply for it anymore