ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for growing citywide and convention opportunities
- This position will be focused heavily on corporate market – minimum of 75% of all calls, prospecting needs to be focused on corporate market
- Ideal candidate will possess strong history in selling to the corporate citywide market
- Individual will develop a target list of all large scale corporate meetings and events based on current and historic need periods in our city
- This individual will work closely with Director, Corporate Sales and VP of Convention Sales to develop annual business/market plan, grow and assist in closing business for the destination and McCormick Place
- Candidate will possess working knowledge of corporate accounts and be knowledgeable on trends affecting our industry and key industry segments
- Develop and maintain a high profile at all assigned industry events and trade shows. Current involvement within industry associations is a plus – SITE, CEMA, IAEE, MPI, PCMA
- Experience working in committee & competitive work environment
- Experience in presenting to and meeting with highest level of professionals, Board of Directors
- Working knowledge of exhibit facilities and hotel capabilities in the Chicago metropolitan area a plus
- Increase market share, maximize productivity and opportunities through development focusing on corporate accounts; ability and interest to understand overall business scope of customers how this translates into our marketplace.
- Working knowledge of all competing convention cities and all trade show – convention facilities.
- Develop, share and promote sales benefits and enhancements which promote competitive distinctness of Chicago and McCormick Place.
- Comply with established policies and guidelines applying Bureau operations and employee conduct.
- Develop feasible short and long-term plans and strategies for achieving department goals and objectives; anticipate critical obstacles and issues.
- Schedule work activities to ensure that deadlines are met and goals are achieved in a timely manner.
- On own initiative or as assigned, assist with, and participate in, Bureau projects, functions and special events.
- Complete minimum of 20 outside sales calls monthly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Five (5) or more years in selling to Corporate Sales of related DMO, Center, Trade Show or Hotel experience showing progressive growth and learning and/or training equal to the skill level needed to perform this position
- Proven knowledge of sales market, communications and negotiation techniques and strategies.
- Proven track record in managing clients from assigned segments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be technologically proficient.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a strong knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Must be able to speak publicly and give presentations to organizations, board of directors and community groups
- Ability to represent Choose Chicago in a professional manner while interfacing with internal and external clients; excellent telephone skills
- · Knowledge of the City of Chicago, including hotels, attractions, restaurants, and shopping desirable
- Possess good organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, ability to travel and work independently
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Ability to travel by air or ground transportation as required. Anticipate this position will travel 50% - 75% of the time
- Ability to perform computer work for extended periods of time
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit resume and include salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department
301 E. Cermak Road
Chicago, Illinois 60616
No Phone Calls
Choose Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer