PLM World is looking for candidates to join our small but mighty team of eight. Our entire company is work from home.
If you are a self-starter, have experience organizing education agendas, and want a challenge, I hope you will apply.
Wendy Holliday, Executive Director
Event Content Strategist – PLM World
PLM World is recruiting and evaluating candidates for the position of Event Content Strategist
About PLM World
Under the leadership of a 12-member Board of Directors, with the support of a staff team of 6-8 and several committees, PLM World is the industries longest running independent user group celebrating our 40th year in 2016. We offer our members a forum for making industry connections, sharing knowledge, best practices and lessons learned from their use of Siemens PLM Software
PLM World is an independent User Community focusing on the Siemens PLM Software product suite and complementary partner offerings. Our mission is to provide the industry leading collaborative network for exchanging ideas, information and best practices enabling customer success and influencing the future direction of software development
Our vision is to continuously improve our service offerings to maintain and grow a vibrant, engaged community representing all customers of Siemens PLM Software
We encourage open collaboration & dialogue across our community
We aim to provide content that educates and fosters personal and company success, growth and development
We strive to offer innovative content delivery methods
We are a volunteer-led organization independent of Siemens PLM Software
We embrace a diverse community of contributors
PLM World is looking for an energetic individual who has the ability to lead the content coordination for their annual conference. With approximately 2,000 attendees from a world-wide audience and attendees ranging from senior executives to hands-on users, the conference facilitates approximately 450 unique technical sessions presented in 7-9 connections (tracks) during the 4-day conference.
This individual will facilitate content growth by encouraging additional customer participation as the Siemens PLM product portfolio matures and grows.
The successful candidate will be able to motivate others, have the ability to be innovative and be forward thinking in regards to:
· Ensuring PLM content strategy is in lock-step with Siemens PLM offerings.
· Providing different content mechanisms to cultivate growth areas from emerging and/or new Siemens PLM products
· Addressing new targeted audiences including industries and outreach to various position levels.
· Improving content delivery approaches associated with different learning techniques
The candidate will exhibit a strong desire to nurture the PLM World values of Collaborate, Educate, Innovate and Inclusive
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Event Content Strategist will have the following roles and responsibilities and may delegate portions of his/her responsibly consistent with sound operations and staff competency, but will be accountable for the results in the following areas:
Conference Content Planning
· Lead a strategic year-round multi-year approach to Siemens PLM education offerings within PLM World. This includes, but not limited to the Siemens PLM Connection- Americas, webinars, scheduled replays, case studies, and customer tours.
· Lead a call for papers in conjunction with the PLM World Board of Directors Technical Director and corresponding committee as necessary.
· Create a preliminary agenda layout for the four days
· Provide suggestions for RUG conference content development
· Support overall growth areas in terms of additional content related to Siemens PLM product portfolio maturation and growth and/or concentration on new audience types
· Capture suggested topics from a wide customer base
· Solicitation, capture, and alignment of presenters for the approximately 450 topics (targeting about 250 topics from customers and 200 topics from Siemens PLM)
· Aligning the conference education goals with associated professional paid keynote speakers
· With input from Siemens, organize industry keynote speakers
· Identify and implement speaker training opportunities to enhance content delivery from a customer and Siemens PLM perspective
Conference Content Program
· Work cooperatively with the Operations Systems Manager and Marketing to publish the conference program schedule to the mobile application (and some printed) while aligning the sessions to adequately sized rooms (i.e. Customer, Partner and Siemens breakouts, keynotes, paid keynotes, training, knowledge theatre, roundtables)
· Provide emcee with content during the event
· Manage data from event to better understand attendee participation
· Provide survey questions for attendees to evaluate each session
· Capture speaker content for use in content marketing throughout the year.
Post Conference Wrap-up
· Work cooperatively with the Operations Systems Manager to ensure presentation content is accessible on-line for all attendees
· Provide information and recommendations relating to the content and delivery that was associated with the conference
· Ensure that challenges and successes are documented and lessons learned are incorporated into the subsequent event
· Lead committee meetings on a regular basis by preparing agendas, noting and following-up on actions and ensuring the necessary materials are available.
· File notes in SharePoint from each committee meeting.
· Prepare, manage and control the budget of the agenda committee with the associated conference activities, including the number of attendees with reduced or compensated registration fees (typically associated with speakers)
Board and Volunteer Engagement
· Direct report to the Executive Director. Work cooperative with the Board of Directors Technical Director and agenda committee.
· Communicate with the agenda committee on a regular basis (typically a bimonthly conference call) to coordinate technical content efforts.
· Ensure sufficient engagement with the Board of Directors at each face to face meeting. Provide a strategic content approach by proactively offering new ideas for agenda content growth, agenda content delivery and audience expansion to the agenda committee
· Solicit new speaking volunteers from SPLM customer base
Content Coordinator Profile
Ideal candidates for this position will drive change into the current agenda for the annual conference and consistently provide an outstanding and engaging agenda at the conference that will drive customers to attend the event annually.
The Content Coordinator is committed to PLM World’s mission and vision, and should have proven experience & results. Concrete, demonstrable capabilities and other qualification requirements include:
· Three plus years of experience in event education.
· Bachelor’s degree in education, business or related field
· A change agent, suggesting ideas and driving new ideas into reality
· Embrace a diversity of users and seeking a diversity of speakers at the conference
· Enjoys learning and exploring new techniques for delivering of content
· Strong ability to understand and manipulate data of complex systems. This includes but not limited to advanced skills in Excel – ability to create pivot tables etc.
· Strong ability to communicate and express ideas verbally and written
· Demonstrated organizational skills
· Ability to work with, and lead teams
· Willing to travel up to 20%
· Ability to organize large events
· Technical PLM background (manufacturing, engineering and/or design)
PLM World will offer a competitive and generous compensation package including health coverage and matching retirement savings