MANAGER OF NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
We are looking for an exceptional individual to represent ACCESS Philadelphia who matches the team’s passion, exceptional work ethic and collaborative mentality. ACCESS Philadelphia offers two service lines: Destination Management Services and Event Planning & Production. Manager of New Business Development will play a key role in procuring new business and developing new business strategies. In addition to managing his or her own new business pipeline, he or she will also manage a roster of assigned clients. Manager of New Business Development will have a true daily “pulse” on new business opportunities on behalf of the firm.
This position is full-time with compensation of $37,500 - $42,000 annually with a generous new business commission structure and bonus potential.
SALES MANAGER ROLE INCLUDES:
· Report directly to ACCESS Philadelphia’s Director of Sales.
· Create New Business Outreach and Development Strategic Plan to direct development efforts weekly, monthly and annually.
· Self-generate as many leads as possible on behalf of ACCESS Philadelphia; Quantitative goals will be set forth with direction from both Director of Sales and President and Partner.
· Manage other client/program leads and opportunities as assigned.
· Manage self-generated and internally-assigned client/program leads through entire sales cycle, including but not limited to, RPF procurement, proposal(s) development, verbal commitment and contract execution.
· Review and update weekly Sales Reports for all self-generated and assigned client activity.
· Develop and manage New Business Development collateral and communication templates.
· Secure and lead preparations for all new business meetings and presentations.
· Develop and manage specifically-targeted plan to development preferred status and/or MSAs within Philadelphia and tristate area hotels and other key venues.
· Develop and manage specifically-targeted plan to develop preferred status with Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau and maximize PHLCVB convention/meeting calendar.
· Point-of-Contact for all industry association memberships; Consistent participation within all membership-based affiliations, including but not limited to attending monthly and annual meetings with goal of representing ACCESS Philadelphia and ACCESS brand and self-generating new relationships and business.
· Opportunity and expectation to travel locally, regionally and nationally as necessary to procure new business for ACCESS Philadelphia and the larger ACCESS brand.
· Liaise with Director of Sales to gather intelligence/approve cold calls/outreach to any potential clients already associated with the ACCESS brand.
· Present weekly updates at Sales Meeting and in rotation within Sales team for All-Staff meeting.
· Lead transition meetings for all self-generated and assigned client/programs once contracted.
· Support Director of Sales with ad hoc Sales-related, client-optimization, local marketing, and/or hoc projects.
MANAGER OF NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT’S DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Manage all New Business-related activity with emphasis on driving all self-generated and assigned business effectively through all stages of life cycle with goal of responding to all viable RFPs, winning all viable opportunities and contracting 100% of won business.
· Commissioned on all self-generated RFPs and ACCESS inter-office referrals (IORS).
· Create and update client proposals (often multiple iterations.)
· Source and contract venues, vendors and key suppliers.
· Plan and host initial site visit(s) with clients and key suppliers.
· Conduct “sell” meetings (conference calls and in-person) in all stages prior to contracting new business.
· Manage and track initial budget for assigned client programs and events in designated financial worksheets.
· Input and manage Salesforce™ for assigned client programs and events with assistance from Sales Operations Coordinator.
· Leverage Director of Sales for all new business discovery meetings, presentations and partnership negotiations.
· Collaborate with Director of Sales and Director of Programs and Events to complete thorough post-program client debrief and identify all viable ACCESS IORS and ACCESS Philadelphia repeat business.
· Continually evaluate Sales team processes to ensure best practice and maximize productivity.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
· Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience, with a minimum of 2 years sales experience within the hospitality industry
· Self-motivated, goal-driven, proactive, deadline driven
· Exceptional work ethic with emphasis on superior client service and communication
· Exceptional attention to detail and organization
· Ability to prospect, develop and manage multiple clients/programs simultaneously with high-level service
· Ability to work effectively in both independent and collaborative ACCESS Philadelphia office settings
· Demonstrated writing and oral presentation proficiencies
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce or similar sales management platform
· Enthusiasm to embrace ACCESS brand and mission and represent ACCESS Philadelphia with decorum & pride
· Adaptive and flexible client support including meetings and programs that requires attendance in early mornings, evenings, late nights and weekends
· Amenable and flexible with local, regional and national travel as it pertains to new business development and representing ACCESS Philadelphia and ACCESS brand through strategic group sales trips, association meetings/participation and/or ACCESS brand-sponsored meetings/other sales activities
· Passion to learn, grow and establish professional roots within a dynamic, fast-paced, flourishing firm
· “Speak” the event industry language
send cover letter and resume to Sarah Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than July 7, 2017.
Please indicate “Manager of New Business Development” in subject line.
Resumes without required experience will not be considered.
Resumes without cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.