The Conference Services area of the American Library Association seeks a part-time Meeting Coordinator to manage a variety of aspects for the two city-wide conferences per year.
Reporting to the Meeting Manager, this part-time position will assist with logistics and management of 2,000+ meetings and events during each of ALA’s city-wide conferences per year. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: date entry, meeting room sets, audio-visual, electrical, catering, computers and internet orders, and on-site operations. This position will also work closely with the convention center, hotels and conference contractors.
Starting salary range negotiable from $20 an hour; based on relevant experience. This is a benefit eligible position. ALA has an excellent benefit package that includes flexible work schedules, medical, dental, generous paid vacation and a retirement annuity.
Apply online at http://www.ala.org/aboutala/contactus/workatala including cover letter and resume (additional documents are uploaded on the same screen as the resume)
Send a cover letter and resume to:
American Library Association
Human Resources Department
50 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
The American Library Association is an equal opportunity employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Minimum of 3 years of similar work experience, preferably with an association.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in meeting technology, MS Word and Excel a must.
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to work diplomatically with ALA internal staff, exhibitors, and ALA committee members on selected projects.
- Strict attention to detail
- Problem solving skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as with the team while remaining calm under pressure.