The Boston Convention Marketing Center (BCMC) is a joint effort of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority and the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau to market and sell the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center and The Lawn On D.
Primary Function :
Identify and book new and repeat association, corporate and trade show events at the Hynes Convention Center and the Boston Convention &Exhibition Center (BCEC). Represent Boston in a highly visible, professional and positive fashion to the convention and meetings industry.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Identify and qualify association, corporate and trade show events for Boston that utilize the Hynes or BCEC.
- Prepare leads to the hotel community using online application, LeadLink.
- Manage and maintain detailed account profiles in CRM system.
- Prepare and implement account action plans.
- Complete sales reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Prepare sales proposals.
- Develop and enhance relationships with customers and industry partners.
- Attend industry and other networking events to provide maximum exposure for Boston.
- Meet all assigned sales quotas for prospecting, outside calls and definite business by managing time and territory effectively.
College graduate preferred with a minimum of five years of related industry sales experience and proven track record of success. Successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated team player, organized, professional, competitive, and will possess a ‘winning’ attitude. Candidate will be a strategic thinker and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills while building productive business relationships.
Knowledge of Boston is beneficial.
Office Location :
Based in Boston at the BCMC Office. Remote office locations will not be considered.
Please submit resume, references and salary requirements to the contact listed on the original job posting at signatureboston.com/jobs.