Richmond Region Tourism, the official destination marketing and management organization representing Virginia’s Richmond Region as a leisure, meetings and sports tourism destination, is seeking an experienced National Sales Manager. This position is responsible for generating economic impact by promoting and selling the Richmond Region as the ideal destination for meetings and conventions. The position specifically focuses on groups utilizing the Greater Richmond Convention Center (GRCC) and/or 450 or more peak hotel guestrooms. The individual in this role leads strategic efforts in developing and presenting multi-component bid packages, including lead distribution, coordination of hotel and Greater Richmond Convention Center responses, and recommendations regarding concessions and incentives offered. Qualifications include prior DMO or hospitality industry sales experience, effective and creative problem solving skills, excellent oral/written communication skills, presentation skills, listening skills, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Solicit meetings and conventions from an assigned territory via phone, email, personal sales calls, site inspections, tradeshows and presentations.
- Achieves an annual goal of definite hotel room nights related to an assigned territory.
- Cultivates and manages key national relationships with groups/meeting planners and evaluates meeting & convention opportunities to ensure viability and compatibility with the Richmond Region package.
- Lead strategic efforts in developing and presenting multi-component bid packages. Including all aspects of the bid process: Lead distribution, coordination of hotel and convention center responses and recommendations regarding specific concessions and incentives offered.
- Maintains positive hotel relationships by delivering qualified, well researched leads and business opportunities.
- Works with our services and marketing professionals to ensure collateral materials, marketing messages, and group services provided remain cutting-edge and industry leading.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Additional certifications preferred (e.g., CMP)
- 5+ years advanced experience and knowledge of convention & meeting industry.
- Seasoned professional with a proven track record of sales success.
- Established network of local and/or national industry relationships.
- Must have skills/experience with sales, marketing, and event logistics.
- Must be able to work well and interact with other managerial employees, top management, the Board of Directors, and customers (typically top management and top representatives of organizations).
- Must be able to perform independently and exercise good judgment
- Must have creative strategic planning and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a commitment to superior customer service
- Good project and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to travel as needed, which involves using personal vehicle for company business and occasional overnight stays
- Willing and able to accommodate business needs on weekends and after hours as required
To apply, please use the link below.