The Optical Society (OSA), a prestigious non-profit, scientific professional society in Dupont Circle, is seeking a registration professional who manages the registration process and provides logistical support for all OSA Conferences & Meetings.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Registration Management: OSA Meeting Portfolio
· Sets up registrations paths for 8-10 OSA Topicals and Congresses in registration software (organization currently uses Cvent).
· Sets up events in OSA Membership Database (NetForum) to create links for data flow between membership database and third party registration software.
· Ensures accurate and proper design of online and paper registration forms.
· Contacts registrants to collect appropriate registration data and resolves any registration related issues.
· Serves as primary contact to OSA customer service team, finance, or other internal clients for registration related questions and issues.
· Sends registration confirmations and attendee communications to registrants in a timely manner.
· Issues certificate of attendance to event participants.
Registration Management: OFC and CLEO Conferences
· Serves as day to day contact for 3rd party registration vendor.
· Coordinates with internal OSA key contacts and OSA’s registration company to gather specifications for online and paper event registration forms.
· Leads internal testing of online registration, including collecting feedback and communicating changes to registration company.
· Reports weekly or as needed registration statistics starting 12 weeks out from the events.
· Responds to and resolves registration issues and questions from registration vendor and OSA’s Customer Service Team.
· Drafts on-site signage and coordinates on-site support services.
· Sets up registration area on-site and assists with on-site registration training of temp staff conducted by OSA’s registration company.
· Supervises the on-site registration process.
· Provides excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders through phone calls, emails, etc.
· Utilizes multiple registration or data management systems.
· Works closely with OSA Customer Service to provide accurate registration related talking points, fact sheets and procedures for handling inquiries.
· Processes registrations received through phone calls, mail, and fax accurately and efficiently.
· Reviews daily issue reports and reconciles any errors/omissions in the registration data with the organization’s Finance and IT department as appropriate.
· Understand integration process between organization’s registration and membership database.
· Continuously evaluates, measures, and improves registration processes, procedures and documentation.
Reporting & Integration
· Works with IT and stakeholders on registration integrations necessary when onboarding a new product/service/vendor, upgrades to products that impact registration systems, etc.
· Sets up weekly, automated, registration reports.
· Reconciles income with finance department during and after each event.
· Provides adhoc reporting on registration data as needed for event planning purposes (e.g. Special Needs, ticket sales).
On-Site Registration Management
· Generates badges and registration materials.
· Manages stuffing process for registration materials.
· Prepares check lists and oversees the preparation and shipping of on-site supplies, badges, badge holders, extra badge stock, registration materials, etc.
· Trains volunteers assisting with on-site registration duties.
· Staffs on-site registration counter at selected conferences.
· Attends project meetings.
· Populates event websites with registration information.
· Works with OSA Finance department and meeting manager on financial close out for registration income and expenses.
· Manages and maintains OSA’s official Terms and Conditions (T&C) of Registration and keeps them current with industry and consistent with OSA policies and practices:
- Thoroughly vets T&C’s with all stakeholders;
- Avoids any conflict of interest with pre-existing policies.
- Ensures regular internal legal review of T&Cs at the appropriate level.
- Communicates and enforces T&Cs effectively.
· Trains other OSA staff on the use of registration system as needed.
· Stays current with industry registration trends and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements to registration processes, physical setup and registration documents.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum 2 years experience in the meetings industry preferred.
· Prior work experience with registration and membership databases.
· Experience with Microsoft Office 2013.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team player (using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving).
· Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong follow-up and time management skills.
· Positive attitude and self-motivation.
· High level of attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
· Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.
· Ability to travel 15-20%.
· Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.