MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Demonstrate knowledge of management techniques and technical expertise in the areas of event booking, event planning, food and beverage operations, NOMCC operational procedures and security to ensure efficient and effective operations.
Comply with and maintain current knowledge of all administrative procedures and safety policies established by NOMCC and develop and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with other supervisory personnel.
- Maintain current knowledge of safety policies related to the operating procedures established by the NOMCC and be prepared to respond to the requirements of all day to day activities.
Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the physical requirements of major conventions and entertainment or public ticketed events.
- Oversee events, meeting room use and registration areas to ensure that client needs are met.
Manage high profile events, which include but are not limited to, community galas, special events, governmental events and conventions as assigned.
Work with Event Services staff in maintaining client deadlines in compliance with the established departmental guidelines.
- Assist in the development of the Event staff’s training manuals, guidelines and procedures.
Assist the Director and Assistant Director in the day to day management of the department.
- Assist in the assignment of events and schedules.
- Troubleshoot event concerns on behalf of the Event staff and Operations in the absence of the Director or Assistant Director.
- Assist in special projects, written reports and industry research.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive training programs for the department.
Monitor the work performance of assigned event personnel on a continual basis, participate in the performance review process and clearly communicate job duties and responsibilities so staff may proceed with certainty in the performance of their positions.
Personally conduct or oversee training for new departmental employees to ensure established procedures are clearly understood and followed.
- Assist in creating a work climate in which assigned personnel are motivated to develop their skills and abilities and demonstrate by personal example the desired standards of the conduct and work performance.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or four to ten years related experience and/or training in event management in a convention center, large hotel or other large meeting facility in tier one and two cities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CMP preferred.
Qualified applicants should apply at www.mccno.com. The Convention Center offers a competitive compensation package that includes FREE PARKING.