SPARGO, Inc. is a full-service event management company. SPARGO offers a full suite of services that support the production of trade shows, conventions, conferences, symposiums and seminars.
We are looking for a qualified individual who will serve as a Senior Meetings Manager for assigned accounts.
This position will work directly with the liaison(s) of assigned accounts (clients) and be responsible for managing and executing all phases of meeting logistics planning for events including, but not limited to: RFP creation and review, facility/vendor contract negotiation, management of contracted vendors such as audio visual, catering, general contractor, security, shuttle, communications, and printing. Additional responsibilities will include database management, budget development and oversight, timeline development, preparation of event resume/function books, the creation of meeting room diagrams, and onsite execution.
- Bachelor’s degree and CMP designation
- 5+ years meeting logistics experience and management experience with corporate and/or association meeting budget preparation and monitoring, preferably for meetings with 5,000 or more attendees
- Highly motivated with excellent oral/written communication, organizational, multi-tasking, and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving, conflict resolution and excellent customer service with high-level stakeholders, staff and vendors
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access databases including general knowledge of the basic structure and editing of databases, practical experience regarding inputting data and generating reports using Access
- Familiarity with medical meetings, continuing medical education and the pharmaceutical industry including state law and regulatory legislation, and an understanding of regulatory/compliance issues related to meetings is preferred.
- Overall knowledge of meeting logistics functions (preferably for meetings with more than 500 attendees) including: timeline development, subcontractor contract negotiation, space assignments, catering, audio/visual, telecommunications including onsite telephone requirements, onsite portable communication requirements, onsite computer/peripheral equipment requirements, scheduling onsite temporary help, and security management including instructions and onsite scheduling.
- Experience with budgeting including initial preparation, monitoring and reporting; invoice coding and reconciliation; ability to design, produce and monitor “project management timelines"
- Must have the ability to manage signage creation from text and placement plan to approving final signs for production.
- Excellent onsite management skills. Demonstrated ability to perform calmly onsite while under pressure to resolve issues effectively while keeping the client informed.
- Excellent customer service skills with high level stakeholders, staff, and vendors to provide/solicit information or resolve problems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
- Must be capable of learning and using floorplan software
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must have excellent organizational and proofreading skills
- Must be a team player who leads by example
Travel required: 25 - 35%
We offer excellent benefits and a casual work environment.
SPARGO, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap or veteran status. Only candidates who have completed an application will be given consideration.