This is a new position tasked with the overall responsibility for expanding and developing our Member Services Group and the identification and enhancement of the associated sources of revenue. In this role, the individual will manage the Membership Group and the Meetings and Educational Services Group. IDFA has established organizational goals and objectives that, for the Membership Group, include strategic membership growth and the expansion of member services provided to our members and business partners. Also, included in this area, is the introduction of tools and programs that will provide industry and programmatic information and data to our membership in response to their needs. Our Meetings and Educational Services Group is the primary source of the Association’s non-dues revenue. Our objective is to utilize the existing portfolio of meetings and events as the basis for the identification and development of additional opportunities that support our membership and meet their expectations and requirements. In this role, the individual will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to work with external groups to develop partnerships and programs that may appeal to a broader cross-section of the industry.
We are seeking a highly capable and experienced individual with the initiative and expertise to work effectively within the organization to introduce a strategic approach to increasing membership and the associated programs and to evaluate and expand the meetings and events that we operate for our membership and the industry. The individual will be responsible for proactively working with the relevant departments throughout the Association to identify and introduce processes to ensure that IDFA is utilizing current best practices and the most effective technology to accomplish our goals and objectives.
This position will have two direct reports.
Job Requirements include:
- 15 to 20 years of experience in a trade association or membership-based organization
- 5+ years experience in a senior-level management position, involving membership activities and customer service, meetings and event planning and sponsorship and other non-dues revenue programs
- College degree
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and experience making presentations to internal and external audiences of varied backgrounds and experiences.
- Proficiency and experience in customer service with high standards of timeliness and responsiveness.
- Working in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills designed to establish relationships with a broad range of members, partners and other stakeholders
- Exceptional problem-solving, prioritization and organizational skills
- Disciplined, self-starter who is confident, communicative and reliable
- Experience developing and managing relatively large departmental budgets
- Experience working with large databases and translating data for use in developing business plans to meet future challenges
- Develop organization-wide strategies to increase the value proposition for the Association’s membership
- Develop relationships that work across Association’s departments to create collaborative approaches to increasing membership growth and retention
- Analyze and disseminate data dealing with current membership trends and projected demographic changes in order to develop, articulate and implement strategies to assist in creating the tools needed to meet the challenges of a changing external environment
- Review all meetings, webinars and publications annually to determine their value and relevancy to the Association
- Develop strategic understanding of competitive events that impact the Association’s offerings and opportunities, as well as identify potential organizations/association/groups that provide opportunities to co-sponsor or co-locate sources of non-dues revenue
- Work closely with members, business partners and other stakeholders to develop relationships with the appropriate decision-makers at those organizations
- Participate in the development of a comprehensive program to promote ProFood Tech exhibit sales revenue by coordinating sales offerings to potential partners and stakeholders
- Enhance the number of meetings, workshops, seminars and publications offered
- Collaborate with the Communications Group to ensure that core themes and messages are delivered consistently to targeted audiences in a manner that is in keeping with the Association’s Brand
- Recruit, retain and motivate highly trained and qualified staff
- 30% travel encompassing both day trips and overnight stays in order to meet with partners and provide consultative services
- Normal office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax and copier machines); ability to travel to industry events.