The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington DC, is seeking a Logistics Assistant in the Meetings Department. Incumbent would be responsible for supporting the logistics team with pre-planning for society’s city-wide annual meetings, in addition to, solely managing the logistics of smaller conferences. Responsibilities to include: Communicating with service partners to coordinate meeting logistics, compiling signage needs, creating internal billing, and producing master schedule. Incumbent will provide overall logistical support onsite at the annual meeting and lead the onsite execution of ASM’s conferences. Preference will be given to an incumbent seeking a career in the meetings industry.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 1-3 years professional meeting planning experience or four year degree in hospitality management
• Experience executing events onsite. Must be comfortable working independently and interacting with key onsite contacts
• Must adhere to established guidelines
• Meeting logistics experience
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Must be self-motivated
• Must have excellent customer service skills and work well with others including, but not limited to, direct supervisor
• Ability to effectively problem-solve anticipated and immediate challenges and to work on a variety of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to be detailed oriented
• Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
• A high degree of integrity and professionalism
• Proficient in Microsoft platform, especially Excel, and database management
• Travel required
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.