The Account Executive (AE) will be based in the greater Chicago area and is the sales contact and relationship manager between CDS and clients. Achieves account revenue and profitability objectives through client retention and new business. Ensures successful delivery of contracted services. Maintain industry knowledge and awareness.
- Negotiates, and renews contracts to achieve maximum revenue, profitability, service quality, and long term commitment to achieve CDS profitability objectives by identifying upsell opportunities
- Develops service proposals, facilitates presentations and closes sales
- Review and approve contracts, addendums, and client billing
- Ensure Lead Retrieval Sales targets are met for each event by monitoring sales regularly
- Manages and maintains existing client account relationships
- Develops a thorough understanding of client objectives and identify and assess client business requirements
- Develops an account strategy to meet the needs of both the client and CDS
- Establishes and achieves account goals, objectives and corresponding action plan as developed with the Manager of Sales & Exhibitor Services
- Maintains consistent and regular contact with client and with the internal CDS event team
- Maintains thorough knowledge of CDS products and services and matches services to client needs and objectives
- Provides communication to company regarding account and event strategy, services to be provided and deliverable dates.
- Conducts effective sales overview meetings, effective post event reviews and evaluations with the client and the team.
- Attends and represents CDS at industry events, tradeshows and functions.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation and willingness to learn and perform are key contributors to success in this assignment
- Able to identify sales opportunities and possess analytical sales aptitude
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Must be highly organized
- Must be client focused service oriented
- Requires a positive track record with and working relationships with staff of all levels in a variety of work settings, positive employee relations in a highly diverse working environment
- Previous sales experience is required
Understanding of MS applications, database applications, basic network topology and connectivity knowledge and web design applications. Must understand the business logic as it pertains to the registration process.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience required.
A trusted partner for driving global event connections for organizations worldwide.
Convention Data Services (CDS) is the trusted registration and lead capture partner for driving global event connections for businesses and associations worldwide. Headquartered in Bourne, Massachusetts, CDS has built multi-faceted solutions to engage attendees, deliver exhibitor ROI and provide actionable analytics for the events industry since 1986.
- 280 worldwide events
- Over 100 business and association clients
- More than 185 dedicated employees
At CDS, we take a unique approach to your event. Your CDS team will work to provide you with solutions from custom registration to lead retrieval and data analytics, as a true extension of your business. We support your entire event cycle, keeping your business objectives in mind every step of the way. Whether your goals are to increase attendance, engagement, or ROI, CDS will partner with you to achieve success.
CDS’ years of setting the industry standard has made us the partner of choice among leading associations and top tradeshow management companies around the world. Our clients represent many of the major events in their industries including: high tech, manufacturing, energy, medical, healthcare, hospitality, communications, insurance, and transportation.