The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) has an opening for the position of administrative assistant in the National College Fairs (NCF) Department. The administrative assistant provides administrative support to the director and event planning staff in NCF Department in the efficient delivery of quality programs, which serve members, students, parents, and vendors.
The National College Fair Program serves over 1,800 institutions by providing them with a platform to promote admission, curricula, campus life, and financial aid options to parents and students throughout the United States and Canada. NACAC’s 92 college fair events are free and open to the public, serving more than 675,000 students, parents, and college access professionals annually through its college fairs programs.
NACAC is an education association of more than 16,000 postsecondary and secondary schools, organizations, counselors, and college admission and financial aid officers that work with students as they make the transition from high school to postsecondary education. NACAC offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits & retirement package, and a convenient location near the Clarendon metro station in Arlington, Virginia.
- Maintains accurate roster of standing and ad hoc committee members and affiliate liaison assignments.
- Creates, maintains and distributes meeting agendas, minutes, and supporting materials for standing, ad hoc, and counterpart meetings.
- Processes facility contracts including, completing requests, obtaining proper signatures, updating and ensuring cover letters are completed and mailed. Updates and monitors facility payment schedule.
- Processes NCF check requests, including, verification of accounting codes, obtaining proper signatures, scanning and mailing checks.
- Processes expense reports for standing and ad hoc committee members.
- Maintains accurate NCF Chair database and monitors membership benefits. Reviews NCF Chair’s final expense reports, processes and generates reimbursement check requests as required. Maintains record of NCF Chair Evaluations.
- Manages the affiliate letter of agreement renewal process to ensure that valid agreements are on file for all National College Fair sites.
- Generates letters to affiliates announcing National College Fair programs scheduled in respective regions.
- Administers revenue sharing for National College Fairs, including processing revenue sharing statements, verifying final booth sales, tracking performance, generating check requests, and maintaining physical and electronic historical records.
- Maintains an accurate schedule of National College Fair events.
- Provides content and proofs information for National College Fair documents, materials, publications, and website to ensure accuracy.
- Provides program and backup support, to include completing: booth assignments, contact reports, check requests, newsletter/locator documents, decorator requests, exhibitor reports, and pending tasks for fair sites assigned to the senior staff on a regular basis and to event managers during travel season and periods of extended absence.
- Monitors and orders supplies for event manager show boxes.
- Tracks National College Fair booth sales and attendance performance and prepares and distributes a weekly comparison report.
- Administers the National College Fair fee waiver program, including tasks related to advertising opportunities to eligible institutions, reviewing applications, processing decision letters, data collection, and preparing program reports.
- Records, maintains, and distributes meeting minutes for staff meetings, as necessary.
- Assists in the creation of surveys and evaluations, as necessary.
- Assists with NCF Chair Training and NCF Committee meetings.
- Assists in the development of PowerPoint presentations, charts, and graphs, as well as other program related materials for National College Fair related meetings and projects.
- Monitors supplies to ensure needed materials are in stock.
- Assists with updating the Program Management Plan for the National College Fairs Department.
- Assists the department senior staff (executive director, director, associate directors, assistant directors) with other tasks, as needed.
- Provides lunch time and back-up staffing for the front desk receptionist per scheduled rotation or as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of National College Fairs, programs and services.
- College degree (preferred) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous office experience (preferably in a professional office setting), which involved managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of office systems, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and website technology.
- Must be detail-oriented and a well-organized team player.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
To apply, interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter, salary requirements, and résumé. Applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com. Applications submitted without all three requirements (cover letter, salary requirements, and résumé) will not be considered.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. NACAC is an equal opportunity employer.