Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB)
One of the world’s leading National Tourism Organizations is built on the dedication and professionalism of our staff. We offer excellent opportunities for career development in the largest, fastest-growing industry in the world.
Assistant Manager MICE
We’re looking for a rising star to fill the position Assistant Manager MICE based in Los Angeles. The key purpose of this role is to execute the marketing plans and sales activities that drive business events to Hong Kong and to reinforce Hong Kong’s position as the premier MICE destination in the Asia Pacific region.
• Manage sales activities via existing databases; generate regular updates on contacts, meeting history and potential for HK; identify new prospects with short -term lead potential.
• Conduct ongoing sales activity with M&I and Convention leads identified having short to medium term potential to increase the rate of engagements and conversion.
• Increase the size of MEHK database through online data mining as well as developing recommendations for other methods of prospect/lead generation.
• Assist the Manager, MICE to maximize the effectiveness of sales and marketing programs to achieve better ROI including coordination and participation of trade events, sales and training activities and marketing communication.
• Coordinate the efficient execution and management of MEHK’s Trade Event and Sales programs making contracted vendor and travel arrangements and coordinating sales calls and schedules.
• Work with regional MEHK team in ongoing marketing and administrative reporting functions
1. Sales/marketing professional with a proactive approach and a minimum 5 years of hospitality/MICE sales experience
2. Knowledge of the US MICE distribution system and network
3. Strong selling skills and high level of comfort engaging prospects and clients
4. Ability to capture, understand and implement prospects’ MICE program needs and develop solutions
5. Database and CRM development and management experience
6. Excellent organizational & communication skills, strong attention to detail and ability to follow through
7. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, ability to develop compelling PowerPoint presentations, very strong Excel skills
8. Excellent time management ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
9. Bachelor’s Degree required in marketing, tourism or related field
Interested parties should send an email with resume, salary history and expectation to Irene.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed applicants will receive a response. All information received will be kept in strictest confidence and only for employment-related purposes.
Applicants who do not have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.