The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) is a dynamic national trade association, representing the supermarket industry on the cutting-edge of food and consumer trends. We are looking for an experienced Registration & Meeting Services Assistant to join our Meetings team to provide registration and logistics services in support of various FMI conferences, meetings and share groups.
In this diverse position, you will handle the following duties:
- Act as the main contact and project lead for registration on several assigned meetings to include data entry, customer service, trouble shooting and payment processing;
- Create and maintain registration websites for education meetings, to include: crafting meetings in FMI’s event database (Matrix MAXX) to display on FMI’s website, updating specific meeting information and generating the online registration process;
- Assist with other registration duties, to include, but not limited to: handling onsite registration, managing the layout and production of registration forms, badges, tent cards, directories, applications and conference materials, special event ticketing, attendee lists and other necessary literature and on-site materials. Produce weekly financial reports;
- Work with FMI project leads for small share groups and conferences on hotel or venue searches and contracting;
- Facilitate assigned conference operations to include: budgeting, room Set-up, audiovisual selection, food and beverage ordering, tours, transportation and additional basic meeting logistics.
Candidates who will succeed in this role will have:
- College degree or relevant certification in the convention, meetings or hospitality industry;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in convention/meeting and/or hospitality industry directly related to our position. Must have a proven track record of working within a meetings and/or registration team;
- Experience working with budgets (to include knowledge of general accounting principles);
- Ability to use spreadsheets to accomplish various tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong editing and proofreading abilities;
- Strong time and project planning skills with the ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with strict attention to detail;
- Expertise in using the entire Microsoft Office Suite (2010) – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; and,
- The ability to travel to conventions and conferences as needed.
FMI offers an outstanding benefits package including: health, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, 10 paid holidays and much more! Our headquarters is located in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia just a few blocks from the Metro. If you want to work with a fun team in a flexible environment that encourages personal and professional growth, please visit our website at www.fmi.org/about-us/careers to apply!