SIFMA is the voice of the U.S. securities industry. We represent the broker-dealers, banks and asset managers whose nearly 1 million employees provide access to the capital markets, raising over $2.5 trillion for businesses and municipalities in the U.S., serving clients with over $18.5 trillion in assets and managing more than $67 trillion in assets for individual and institutional clients including mutual funds and retirement plans. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member of the Global FinancialMarkets Association (GFMA). For more information, visit http://www.sifma.org.
Reporting to the Vice President of Conferences & Events, the Associate is responsible for coordinating the logistical aspects of high profile financial industry meetings. Conferences, meetings and/or events can range in size from 20 – 2,000 attendees across the continental US including SIFMA’s Conference Center in downtown New York. This position will work closely with the Vice President and Senior Associate to manage the current event portfolio and membership pertaining to compliance and legal professionals within the financial industry. The Associate is a highly visible role which demands extensive customer service skills and a high level of professionalism and willing to handle all planning and administrative details of meetings and events.
· Understand SIFMA’s business objectives and work closely with SIFMA members and SIFMA staff to execute timely, educational events.
· Support the Vice President and Senior Associate’s 30+ events – including RFP process, audio visual, food & beverage, registration, sign orders, badge/tent card printing, surveys, financials, speaker letters, and onsite logistics.
· Along with fellow team members, coordinate logistics of the C&L Society (2,500+ members), including system administration and membership drives.
· Maintain event calendar and event budgets with strong emphasis on data management, financial & expenses tracking, membership calls, membership reports, list keeping, and operational efficiencies.
· Prepare accurate meeting materials including complex spreadsheets and involving different business areas, including inter-departmental coordination with the Sponsorship and Marketing teams.
· Participate in weekly team meetings, budget calls, and multiple Society meetings.
· Daily interface with Members and SIFMA staff in fulfillment of administrative member service’s needs. Field questions from events phone line and email inbox and respond by end of day.
· Maintain event and membership websites.
· Oversee housing coordination with multiple sub blocks for large Annual Seminar including the use of Passkey.
· Manage mobile App for large Annual event (2,000+ attendees).
· Oversee meeting preparation, supplies ordering and packing/shipping of event materials.
· Liaise with marketing, design and sponsorship teams on deliverables for meeting.
· Provides on-site coordination of events when needed, including coordinating hotel/venue staff and program logistics.
· Other duties as assigned by department’s Managing Director, Vice President or Senior Associate.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in meeting planning. Internships in this field can count towards experience.
· Fundamental understanding of finance highly desirable
· Must be detailed-oriented to multi-task, prioritize and work in a high demand office environment with tight deadlines.
· Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
· Excellent communications and follow up skills.
· Understanding of CLE accreditation, a plus.
· Prior use of Passkey strongly preferred.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to liaise with senior leadership.
· Ability to work late hours and weekends when required.
· Ability to travel in the United States (30%).
· Prior experience in financial services a plus.
· Demonstrated full working knowledge of intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, LinkedIn, and familiarity with database use and functionality;
· Knowledge of Passkey, CRM System, conference registration system, event mobile Apps, marketing platform
· Data base management experience a plus.
We offer an excellent benefits package and compensation commensurate with experience. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and indicate “Associate, Conferences & Events” in the subject line of your email. EOE