The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Events division seeks an entrepreneurial team member to join the team and help execute the full range of Chamber programs, from intimate salons to multiday CEO retreats to thought-leadership tentpoles.
· Serve as the team’s front line and oversee all meeting and space booking and inbound client requests.
· Manage a select number of meetings directly and own division-wide operational duties (e.g., contract management, billing, and staff events).
· Manage all internal meeting room reservations and changes for the Chamber’s events space.
· Serve as primary point of contact to answer client questions, provide information, and communicate updates.
· Lead cross-event reporting and analysis in collaboration with division leadership to identify trends and recommend solutions.
· For a select number of owned events, lead logistics of vendor and venue management.
· Provide operational support to leadership as needed.
· Be a generous, entrepreneurial, and forward-looking team contributor.
Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience; meticulous attention to detail and superior organizational skills; the ability to manage complex and fast-changing portfolios of work and prioritize effectively in response; creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service to balance client goals and space requirements; effective negotiation skills and the ability to understand and negotiate contracts; comfort with ambiguity and strong problem-solving instincts; entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work; proficiency with Microsoft Office, notably Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; and experience with meeting/event reservation software in a hotel, catering, conference, or similar environment.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.