WJ Weiser, a Naylor company, is seeking an experienced Conference and Meeting Planner.
The employer, a successful medical association and conference management firm, is seeking an experienced junior to mid-level meeting planner to take over conference management for several existing and new client annual meetings. The Meeting Planner will be responsible for overall meeting management, budgeting, advance and onsite planning and logistics, and communication with client program’s Associate and Executive Directors.
- Serve as Meeting Planner for several medical and other non-profit association clients. Overall responsibility for each meeting from advance planning to on site.
- Work closely with association lead and other departments to develop and manage meeting strategy, goals and outcomes.
- Source venues and vendors, create accurate and detailed RFPs, evaluate proposals, conduct site inspections, make recommendations to ectors on venues that will accommodate specific program needs, and negotiate contracts for assigned meetings.
- Provide/ensure high quality, effective onsite support of programs that meets the needs of the business. Planning on-site hotel logistics, including F&B, manage room blocks and assisting with hotel reservations, room sets AV, etc.
- Help develop and manage detailed program budgets, control documents and tracking information for every program. Complete all required documents and follow client policies and procedures to ensure compliance and continuity of all programs.
- Adhere to project timeline to meet goals and deadlines
- Oversee related client projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2+ years’ ect work experience in meeting or conference planning experience, other than event planning.
- Experience working with associations and/or medical meetings (CME) preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and move quickly from one project to another while maintaining thorough records. Requires the ability to be flexible and balance competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and excellent oral and written communication skills are needed to successfully negotiate contracts and communicate policies and procedures to diverse audiences, and to quickly establish credibility and maintain ongoing relationships.
- Sound Business Acumen. Can investigate and analyze information and make sound recommendations and ability to develop projected budgets.
- Multi-tasking and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Remains calm under pressure and resolves problems efficiently and quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a variety of individuals, including executive and support level client contacts
- Requires the willingness and ability to travel (weekday and weekend travel is required).