The American Association of Community Colleges' (AACC) annual meeting is among the largest and most dynamic gatherings of educational leaders, attracting over 2,000 community college presidents and senior administrators, as well as international educators, representatives of business/industry and federal agencies. The premier event for community college leaders, AACC’s Annual Convention offers unprecedented professional development as well as the opportunity to network, share, and learn from professionals in the fields of education, business and industry, and the government sector. AACC offered a new, curated exhibit hall experience for 2018 focused on promoting heavy engagement between exhibitors and attendees. The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) is seeking a Certified Meeting Planner to assist with the execution of its 99th Annual Convention, which will be held August 13 – 16, 2019 in Orlando, Florida. The scope of services for the CMP may include, but not be limited to the following:
• AACC will determine room sets and AV for all meeting and event rooms. Each day of the annual convention CMP will have the responsibility of confirming that room sets reflect the set listed on the association’s master schedule.
• If room sets do not match, CMP will work with hotel to resolve each matter where a discrepancy exists as soon as possible. CMP will also work with AACC’s production company to ensure that all technology sets for rooms match what was outlined on master schedule. If speaker’s request items that were not pre-arranged, they should be directed to the hotel’s PSAV contact to purchase additional equipment.
• CMP will ensure that hotel has the most up-to-date listing for convention sessions, if the titles will be featured on reader boards and screens outside of the session space. If information is not correct, CMP is expected to work with hotel to correct it.
• CMP is responsible for adding signage to any rooms where last minute session cancellations have taken place or where sessions have been moved from one location to another.
• CMP will be responsible for making any updates regarding meeting cancellations and changes in the AACC mobile app.
• CMP will work with registration team to determine what attendees need accommodations. CMP will arrange for accommodations using the most cost effective methods.
• AACC will establish an F&B spreadsheet for all events that AACC is paying for. The spreadsheet will be provided to CMP to review with AACC’s suggested meals/snacks/etc. to determine if any additional cost savings can be realized. CMP may make recommendations for substitutions for F&B if a cost-savings will result. The CMP will work with the hotel to make sure BEOs reflect agreed upon guarantees for each event.
• CMP will ensure that F&B is delivered to each event that AACC is responsible for at the agreed upon time in accordance with the BEOs. If this is not the case, CMP is responsible for working with the hotel to get the agreed upon order to the meeting room promptly.
• CMP will ensure that F&B is served according to association show flow for each plenary session (Luncheon, Gala, and Brunch).
• CMP will manage dietary restrictions by working with the registration team, and relay this information to the hotel.
Internet and Electrical
• AACC will work with Exhibits Management Company and registration vendor to determine their electrical and internet needs. AACC will also determine what internet and electrical needs are appropriate for meeting rooms and include this in the master schedule. CMP will ensure that all rooms where AACC is paying for internet and electrical are appropriately equipped.
• CMP will identify a provider of temp support for registration and door scanners for sessions, get a price quote and provide to AACC.
• CMP will work with registration and exhibits management to determine staffing needs.
• CMP will create a schedule for temps for each key association function (human directional, registration team, door scanners) and will manage them onsite.
AACC Staff Support
• AACC will establish the work schedule for its employees. CMP is expected to manage the AACC staff in their work assignments onsite and keep a record of any individuals not showing up to complete their assigned tasks.
• AACC will identify its outgoing board dinner and gala schematic and what décor it will need. CMP will identify companies able to provide the required tablecloths, chair covers, napkins, chargers, and centerpieces and secure quotes, so that AACC can factor this into the budget.
• CMP will make arrangements for Board transport to and from board dinner location which is TBD. CMP will provide AACC will a proposal outlining cost association with transportation.
• CMP will work with Event Producers to ensure that the schedule for security to guard the exhibit hall, also includes security coverage for the registration area during hours of closure.
Housing • AACC will submit its master list for all individuals that the association is paying for. All other individuals are responsible for their own charges. CMP will work with housing vendor to ensure that any matters related to lodging are addressed in a timely manner.
• CMP will ensure that the President and CEO’s and the AACC Board Chair’s hospitality spaces are replenished daily as agreed upon by the hotel and AACC.
• CMP may be asked to work with the host institution in the event that they provide the Board of Directors with gifts or they choose to host a reception for attendees. CMP will make sure that gifts are delivered prior to Saturday’s board meeting and set-up on a table to members of the board to collect.
Requirements for meeting planner:
• At least five years as a Certified Meeting Planner.
• Has a list of references that can be contacted which are similar to the meeting size of AACC.
• Can demonstrate that he/she has had experience in the areas listed in the scope of services.