The Greater New York Area Chapter of PCMA is seeking a resourceful and responsible individual to help our Chapter take care of the administration details and run our chapter smoothly and efficiently. Our chapter comprises of enthusiastic volunteers who are committed to working for the advancement of our Chapter and the hospitality industry.
Applications due July 27, 2018 at 5pm EDT
To apply: complete the enclosed application form and email your PDF to:
Fun Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
& Jessica Levin, email@example.com
Criteria & Guidelines for Selection of Administrator
The NYPCMA Chapter Board will consider the following guidelines: (Not in any order)
1) Participation in NYPCMA Chapter events and activities during last two years
2) Responses to application questions
3) Professional references, as provided during the application process.
4) Prior volunteer leadership experience and committee participation.
5) Proximity and access to the New York Area (Administrator will be required to attend chapter events)
6) Explanation and breakdown of all costs and fees applicant propose to charge the Chapter for their services.
7) How well directions are followed in filing their application.
Administrative duties include the following:
Programs / Events
● Create program invitations eight (8) events per calendar year. Experience with eTouches and Word Press is necessary and a plus. Any events over 8, what is cost per event?
● Work with the Program Committee to ensure deadlines are met and event details are complete
● Handle any attendee inquiries
● Manage event sign-up and fees plus provide status reports to the Board
● Attend Chapter events
● Prepare and print name badges and meeting signage inserts prior to the event
● Set up, organize and oversee the management of the registration table at event site
● Place signage at event (Any signs outside the scope of what can be printed with a home/business printer, will be outsourced and these signs will be covered with the Chapter’s budget).
● Produce registration reports
● Create name badges and collect attendee’s payments for onsite attendees
● Assist with event arrangements as requested by the Program Committee or the Board
● Reconcile the finances
● Send post event survey, collect feedback and send survey to Board.
BOD Communication, HQ training, and In-person Meetings
● Send out calendar reminders for upcoming Board Meetings and monthly events after the annual Board Meeting
● Update the event program information on web and social media/Board meeting calendar throughout the calendar year, send out calendar outlook appts and update the website.
● Compile all committee reports and circulate to BOD before call
● Assist at Board meetings and take minutes. Minutes to be completed and sent to Board within 2 days after call and send out to President for review and approved. Minutes to be sent out to BOD for approval within 1-2 days after President finalizes minutes.
● Send out communications to the Chapter as requested by Board
● Commit to attending/participating in scheduled board meetings to include two (2) in-person retreats in Spring and Fall (locations and exact dates TBD); and additional monthly meetings by conference call (approximately 1 hour)
● Participate in training provided by PCMA HQ on the event software and quarterly webinars (12 hours total per year)
● Provide suggestions to improve the registration invitation design and/or the process
● Provide best of practice recommendations
● Adherence to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct, bylaws, policies and procedures
● Attend Chapter leaders workshop at Convening Leaders in January 5-6, 2019 (Pittsburgh) Hotel/ground/air is compensated. Attendance at CL TBC.
● Main contact between PCMA HQ and NYPCMA Chapter
● Other duties as assigned
● Create weekly emails to be sent out every Thursday and periodically based on needs. Experience with Act-On E-Mail Marketing System is a plus.
● Work with the Marketing Committee to obtain and prepare copy, set up email, and obtain approval prior to sending.
● Chapter’s emails: Responsible for fielding all inquiries.
● Work with the Secretary-Treasurer to propose a budget for the Fall meeting.
● Reconcile and update budget end of each month.
● Draft sponsor agreements, invoices, follow up on payments.
● Be proactive and advise BOD on any decisions that may impact the budget.
● Reconciling membership dues as they are disbursed monthly or quarterly.
● Reconcile bank statements.
● Main contact with Chapter Accountant
● File chapter taxes.
● Proficient with Quickbooks a must.
Hiring and dismissal
● The chapter administrator is contracted for one year (12 months) at a time.
● It is at the discretion of the Board of Directors to continue or discontinue the contract with the current administrator each year.
● The Board may choose, at any time, to issue a call for a new administrator. The current administrator will be welcome to submit an application for review.
● In June, the board will vote on whether the current administrator is meeting the Board’s needs and will continue in their current position, if the contract with the administrator is discontinued, or if a new administrator is to be selected for the upcoming year. (This vote will be done in confidence. The administrator should not be present. Voting will be in accordance with the by-laws and requires a quorum.)
● The contract between the administrator and the Board of Directors may be terminated following 30 days written notice by either party. Notice to be sent to current NYPCMA President and copy President-Elect.
· Contractor will receive monthly payment and are considered a contract employee. Compensation is independent of PCMA.
· Paid administrators cannot vote or hold an office on the Board of Directors.
· Administrators who perform more than 50% of the chapter’s administrative duties will qualify for a complimentary PCMA membership. (Note: the current president will send an e-mail to Chapters@pcma.org in January requesting the complimentary membership
The Chapter will negotiate a contractual agreement with the selected Administrator. By responding to the RFP, the applicant understands that they will be fully responsible for meeting the requirements of the RFP and will execute the necessary tasks.
Questions: Participants should do their best in answering this RFP. You may ask questions about the RFP by sending them in writing via email Fun Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org & Jessica Levin, email@example.com. Deadline for questions is July 20, 2018 at 5pm.
Participants are asked NOT to contact any other Board members or committee members of the NYPCMA chapter or current administrator.
Confidentiality: This RFP and all submissions will be treated as confidential between the Chapter and each participant. The Chapter will not disclose their contents to other participants or the general public but does reserve the right to discuss submissions with its consultants and related parties.
This timeline represents the Chapter’s best estimate:
- July 20 @ 5pm (EDT): Last round of questions from candidates to Fun and Jessica
- July 27 @ 5pm (EDT): Proposals due to Fun Lee @ firstname.lastname@example.org & Jessica Levin @ email@example.com
- August 1 – 24: Selection committee reviews Proposals
- August 31: Notification of acceptance and declines via email
- September 10-18: Phone Interviews with those selected
- September 21: Intent to award contract via phone
*After the contract has been awarded to the prospective Administrator, October – December will be the transition period.
Awarded Administrator should participate on BOD calls on October 11, 2018, November 8, 2018 and December 13, 2018 at 9:30am-10:30am. Administrator will also attend these following events:
● October 4: Education Day
● November 1-2: Fall BOD retreat
● December 6: 25th Anniversary Celebrations & Awards Event
Candidates must submit by 5 pm July 27 an electronic single PDF copy of their proposal to Fun Lee and Jessica Levin.
No proposals will be accepted or considered after that time.
1. Personal Information
First Name Last Name Credentials (if any)
Phone (mobile) Phone (office)
Member of PCMA New York Area Chapter since (year). If member of another chapter, please indicate.
2. Are you a:
◻ Meeting Planner
◻ Other (please explain)
3. How many PCMA New York Area Chapter events have you attended in the past two years?
4. What skills, qualifications and/or connections do you have that you feel would bring benefit the PCMA New York Area Chapter? (250 word limit)
5. What would make you a valuable Chapter Administrator? (250 word limit)
6. Have you ever served on a volunteer committee or board of directors before? If yes, list organization, dates of service, and position(s) held.
7. Describe how your current employment situation
8. Please provide 2 references letters who can speak to your leadership experience and/or work abilities.