Direct the planning, operations and activities of the Port St. Lucie Civic Center to ensure diverse events, first class customer service, and a positive economic impact on the community.
The following duties are illustrative for this position. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Directs the promotion, marketing, sales, operations, and planning and public relations activities of the Civic Center.
- Develop and maintain long range plans for marketing strategy, capital improvements and operations management.
- Directs and manages strategy for negotiations with clients, prospective clients and trade organizations for scheduling and booking of the facility.
- Responsible for various personnel matters including, hiring, discipline, training and development, performance appraisals and related activities.
- Develop and monitor the Civic Center's budget to assure consistency with City and Center objectives.
- Advises the City Manager's Office, Mayor and City Council of operational activities and revenue projections through meetings, reports and memoranda.
- Participates and maintains liaison with various boards, businesses, civic groups, and organizations, in order to promote Civic Center business opportunities.
- Represent the City at convention industry forums and serve as liaison with officials of related industries.
- Establishes and administer contract rates and terms, and execute lease agreements as the City's representative.
- Investigate and resolve questions for the City Manager's Office, Mayor and City Council.
- Provide lobbying and support for Civic Center objectives within local, state and national legislative areas.
- Engages in public relations activities to promote the Civic Center.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with major association; business and governmental agencies, manufacturers' associations, science and technology associations, major political parties, governmental jurisdictions, medical associations, insurance groups, health care providers and related organizations.
- Develop operating policies and procedures which comply with short and long-range goals of the Center and which are compatible with City policies and procedures.
- Helps coordinate use of facility as a shelter in times of civil emergency.
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees at the Civic Center. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.