The Conference Assistant provides technical and administrative support for the Director of Conferences and performs other tasks as requested.
Provide administrative support to the Director of Conferences
Percent of time spent: 100%
Provide support to Director of Conferences including, but not limited to: calendar maintenance, fielding meeting requests from staff and partners, expense reimbursements and other tasks as requested.
support to Director of Conferences including, but not limited to: calendar
maintenance, fielding meeting requests from staff and partners, expense
reimbursements and other tasks as requested.
general calls for national meetings and monitor department’s general email
account. In rotation with other staff, provide phone coverage during
receptionist lunch/out of office.
- · Maintain up-to-date files and inventory for national meetings: meeting history, vendors, speakers, future site information, meeting registration supplies, and signage.
- · Review and update: planning documents and correspondence related to national meeting logistics.
- · Compose and disseminate meeting agendas and reports as requested.
- · Maintain calendar of national meeting vendor deposit deadlines and submit for payment in Bill.com.
- · Plan the Conference Department social media messages promoting national meetings.
- · Monitor the national meeting website content and provide updates to Communications Department as needed.
- · Assist with preparation of materials and arrangements such as name badges, registration materials, meeting signage, speaker correspondence, rooming lists, and travel confirmation letters.
- · Create room diagrams for breakouts taking place at national meetings as assigned.
- · Coordinate shipments to/from national meetings and maintain accurate shipping inventory lists. Assist with onsite management of registration desk and general support at national meetings as assigned.
- · Assist with preparation of comprehensive post-meeting reports including, but not limited to, hotel data, income and expenses.
- · Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 2-4 years’ related experience including administrative support. Experience in association management and/or meeting planning a plus. Tech savvy with advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications required, database and presentation software.
· Superior customer service skills.
- Dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services possible.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy are essential.
- Highly organized and uses time efficiently.
- Can work collaboratively with other staff and departments.
skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and
PowerPoint), database and presentation
software; demonstrated ability to master new applications quickly.
Less than 10%