ACCREDITATION COUNCIL FOR GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION
The following describes the various aspects of the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States (U.S.) on a full-time basis. The ACGME will not provide employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B Visa or other U.S. employment authorization).
Title: Conference Center Manager
Department: Department of Facilities and Meeting Services
Reports To: Director, Facilities and Meeting Services
Work Schedule: Full-Time
The Conference Center Manager provides direction in the development, promotion, and operation of the ACGME Conference Center to meet the business needs of all internal and external constituents. The Conference Center Manager is responsible for all operational and logistical aspects of all of the Conference Center, as well as providing training and direction to existing Meeting Services staff.
With the Director’s oversight, the Conference Center Manager implements policies and procedures that support the objectives of the Conference Center. The Conference Center Manager is responsible for managing a staff of three full-time employees and various vendors/subcontractors. The Conference Center Manager is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the room reservation system (EMS), and oversees the logistics and design of the meeting rooms.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides direction, development, promotion, and operation management of a world-class conference center to meet the business needs of internal and external customers.
· Trains and manages at least two Conference Center staff, including hiring and performance management.
· Directs scheduling, through the use of EMS, of meeting rooms and supporting conferences, training sessions, and social events held in the Conference Center space; responsible for resolving scheduling conflicts.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates reservation processes.
· Develops and implements strategies and tactics to maximize Conference Center utilization while maintaining customer satisfaction.
· Generates utilization reports regarding activity, demand, and use of the Conference Center.
· Serve as the initial and primary point of contact for booking conference center space and related services so as to create a productive and enjoyable Conference Center experience.
· Proactively creates a Conference Center experience to ensure productive and enjoyable conferences, workshops, and meetings.
· Maintains appearance and proper functioning of Conference Center facilities by proactively creating a preventative maintenance schedule for the Conference Center.
· Act as main liaison with the ACGME’s Out-Sourced Meeting Services Provider (OMSP), hotels, and meeting attendees.
· In cooperation with the OMSP, researches, inspects, evaluates, negotiates, and recommends future meeting sites and hotel accommodations for review and approval.
· Monitors room attrition and possible financial liabilities; develops methods to reduce attrition and communicate methods with end users.
· Interfaces with OMSP and work to re-formulate room blocks (as needed), rates, and concessions, as well as manages post-meeting audits.
· Researches, analyzes, contracts, and manages vendor relationships to provide all types of Conference Center-related services.
· Works with meeting organizers to review final meeting and hotel sleeping room specifications to ensure accuracy before contracts are signed.
· Implements strategies to improve meetings that enhance attendees’ experience.
· Oversees on-site meeting management, including room, Audio/Visual, catering, and set-up/break-down, and handles issues as they arise.
· Produces and maintains operational procedures and guidelines for meeting planning, as well as develops and improves department systems (as directed/needed).
· Works with Director to develop and monitor budgets for meeting expenses.
· Performs meeting cost analysis and reconciliation of meeting expense charges (as needed).
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation preferred.
· Minimum of six years’ experience in event planning, catering, conference center management, and/or hospitality management required.
· Outstanding customer service focus required.
· Must have experience managing staff.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to instill confidence in and empower staff members.
· Must have problem solving skills with the ability to creatively conceive solutions to meet emerging challenges.
· Must demonstrate calm, steady, decision-making in high-stress situations.
· Must have the ability to implement workflows, both human and software systems.
· Must possess exceptional Microsoft Office Suite skills, familiarity with meetings software, and ability and willingness to learn new software and programs as required.
· Must be flexible, adaptable, and able to work on a wide variety of tasks independently and in a team environment.
· Must have experience building and nurturing partnerships and eliciting cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior leaders, vendors, and staff members at various levels.
· Must have a demonstrated ability to meet timelines, set priorities, and work independently, with a strong attention to detail.
· Must have excellent organization and planning skills, and be detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
Position requires the significant use of standard office equipment, such as a computer, keyboard, mouse, photo copier, fax machine, telephone, etc.
· Most of the work of the Conference Center Manager is done in the ACGME office with the typical physical demands of an office environment.
· Flexibility with work hours is required; the Conference Center Manager may be required to arrive earlier and/or stay later than the standard ACGME business hours.
· Occasional weekend work may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Conference Center Manager:
· Will be required to sit and work for extended periods of time at a computer terminal using various computer programs and other computer tools.
· Will be required to stand for extended periods of time, depending on meeting needs.
· Will be required to lift office supplies, move furniture, and pack and unpack boxes weighing up to approximately 20 pounds.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer