We are seeking a dynamic and driven Conference Coordinator who is ready to deliver a buzz-worthy experience for attendees. The Conference Coordinator will assist with management and support of day-to-day functions in planning and executing the annual conference and organization-wide meetings. They will serve an integral role in the conference team that supports the International Dyslexia Association’s annual conference which hosts 2,500 attendees, 200+ speakers, and more than 100 association partners.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
You are a self-starter who is eager to learn and collaborate with others. You seek to offer a fresh perspective and are unafraid to bring new ideas to the table. You execute multi-tasking with excellent organization skills, tackling tasks with enthusiasm and a to-do list in hand.
You thrive on the adrenaline of a fast-paced environment and can problem-solve when necessary. As such, you can read and react to the real-time needs of customers and clients, assessing when and where help is needed. You are unafraid to jump in with both feet, including personal initiative and drive to go beyond what is asked of you.
As an insightful meeting professional, you hold the capabilities to manage current tasks effectively, while always thinking ahead. You have precise attention to detail and are systematic about calculated risks. You are a proactive communicator, critical thinker, and strategist; easily flexible and adaptable to the situation, person in need, or project at hand.
In addition, you possess strong verbal and written communication skills, the utmost of customer service assistance, and appreciate constructive feedback as a mechanism for personal and professional growth.
You are a creative visionary and complex thinker; unafraid to ask the tough questions, admit fault, and roll with the punches. You are willing to laugh at mistakes and be better for them.
As a plus, you are seasoned in marketing and communications, with a knack for donor development and fundraising initiatives. You have technology sophistication with Microsoft Office and social media platform management. You may also come with familiarity of the non-profit management software, Raiser’s Edge.IDA, and its conference team, is inspired by classrooms and communities around the world and is dedicated to providing resources to those with and effected by dyslexia and other related learning challenges. Are you a firm proponent of a ‘work hard, play hard’ attitude and are ready to join a global movement that is changing lives? We are ready for you to join our team.
The Conference Coordinator will assist with the management and support of day-to-day functions in planning and executing the annual conference and organization-wide meetings.
- Assists with development and implementation of all marketing and promotion for conference including developing and implementing marketing plan, website, electronic combinations, mailed materials, etc.
- Assists with managing social networks for conferences and other IDA events via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and microsites as needed.
- Assists with registration process.
- Manages conference scholarship program.
- Assists with planning of events held during annual conference.
- Manages conference email inbox, phone, and voicemail.
- Assist with conference and events webpages.
- Assists with on-site execution.
- Packs and ships all conference related materials.
- Travels to upcoming and potential conference sites as needed.
- Maintains inventory of conference related supplies.
- Recruits intern(s) and oversee intern projects.
- Researches new markets for partnership opportunities.
- Assists in recruitment, outreach, and maintaining new and existing partnerships.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years’ experience in an education or meetings environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with proven organizational skills
- Ability to travel 2-5 times per year