The Conference Services Coordinator is part of the team that delivers the TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo, the largest TESOL professional development event in the world. This position supports all activities related to the annual convention. The Conference Services Coordinator is the staff liaison for the student forums that take place at the convention each year. Reporting directly to the Director of Conference Services, the Conference Services Coordinator plays an integral role in the operations of the annual convention.
English Language Expo Support:
· Serves as exhibitor and recruiter customer service contact both prior to and on-site during the convention.
· Manages the placement of the Recruiter Pavilion booths on the expo floor in consultation with the sales teams.
· Assists with expo floor diagram creation and set-up of new expo floor in the online booth management system.
· Ensures the expo and recruiter pavilion areas of the website are up to date.
· Assists with the development of the exhibitor and recruiter prospectus.
Convention Program and Staging:
· Manages mobile app content and updates before and during the convention
· Manages the submission and scheduling of exhibitor sessions during the annual convention program.
· Manages all TESOL signage requests and works with the General Service Contractor to ensure all signs are printed, are correct and are distributed to the correct locations on site.
· Manages the student forum events at the convention and supports the volunteer efforts creating these events each year.
· Assists with the adjudication process of peer-reviewed sessions
· Assists with the scheduling of business meetings, convention offices, and accepted academic sessions.
· Assists DCS and marketing staff with preparing marketing materials such as the program book, web site and advance promotion materials.
· Assists CSM with maintaining/updating the abstract management system for each year's convention site and program
· Runs necessary program statistical reports/special needs information (proposal readers list, abstracts, indexes)
· Assists with preparing specifications for facilities and contractors with room sets, audio-visual, food and
Regional Conferences and Other Events:
· Assists with adjudication process
· Assists with preparing specifications
· Supports onsite logistical details as needed
· Provides support to the DCS and CSM as needed
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains and periodically updates the TESOL Annual Convention and Team Leader manuals
· Provides administrative support to the DCS
· Assists with keeping the conventions inbox “clean” – all inquiries handled in a timely manner