About the College
The (ECSS) is the leading international scientific association devoted to the promotion and dissemination of multi- and interdisciplinary research in sport and exercise science. The College has a huge network of sport and exercise scientists around the world and hosts its annual congress (e.g.ECSS Prague 2019) in a European hotspot in early July. This is ECSS's major annual event where 3,000 ECSS delegates come together to exchange the latest research and news in sport and exercise science, and network to create new laborations and partnerships. ECSS is a non-profit organisation with an office based in Cologne, Germany. The office is staffed by a dedicated international team of five open minded and highly motivated people who operationalise all the activities of the College.
About the role
ECSS is seeking a full timeCongress Manager eally starting from 1st January 2019, working 40 hours per week at the ECSS office in ogne. ECSS is offering a permanent contract.
· Act as main point of contact for all partners/suppliers connected to the congress (e.g. hosting institution, congress centre, caterer, PCOs, DMCs, congress hotel, social event locations, transport company, destination/city, Convention Bureau, congress entertainment)
· Organise and plan all congress social events (i.e. location, caterer, entertainment, transportation)
· Act as main onsite coordinator at site inspections
· Act as main onsite coordinator during the congress
· Develop and distribute 'Request for Proposals' for potential suppliers
· Negotiate agreements with congress centres, hotels, suppliers, insurances
· Manage congress finances to an agreed budget
· Coordinate congress bid process for future congresses and communicate with (potential) bidders
· Report to Executive Director and maintain close laboration with Technical ector, Executive Assistant, Marketing Manager and Office Secretary
· Participate in meetings, industry fairs and workshops.
Expectations and requirements
· Track record of work experience in the meetings industry
· High level of motivation and ambition to build a career in the meetings industry
· Languages: English full professional proficiency, German professional work proficiency is a bonus
· No business travel limitations: regular site inspections to venues, institutional hosts and suppliers
· Willingness to work longer hours, if needed
· Work efficiently within given time limits.
· Project/event management in particular conference organisation at an international level
· High level of intercultural competence and excellent communication skills
· Negotiation skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work in a team
· High level of computer literacy (i.e. end-user level).
· Motivation letter (max. one page)
· CV (max. two pages)
· Reference letter (max. of two)
· Salary expectations
· All in one PDF document.
Please send your application via email in one PDF document to Thomas Delaveaux, Executive ector,firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Monday, 1st October 2018, 11.59 pm CET