Talley Management Group, Inc. is seeking a full-time Meeting Manager to plan and execute meetings on behalf of several TMG client partners. This position will report directly to the Director of Meetings and Events.
A successful candidate will have 5+ years of meeting planning experience. Candidates are required to have experience managing events in Convention Centers and scientific focused conferences. We would prefer to have a candidate who has assisted in planning and executing international conferences.
· Provide strategic direction of future meetings and events for the client partner.
· Prepare and distribute RFPs, prepare proposals for future meeting cities and venues, and negotiate contracts on behalf of the client partner.
· Determine fiscal requirements, prepare budgetary recommendations and monitor Board approved event budgets.
· Identify all aspects of event risk assessment and crisis management planning strategies.
· Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps and participant feedback and incorporate learning into future plans.
· Develop and maintain client partner Standard Operating Procedures.
Scientific Meeting Management
· Manage the selection and usage of an abstract submission system, manage the submission process in coordination with the planning committee.
· Preparation and coordination of the client Abstract Book in coordination with appropriate internal workgroups.
· Determine the needs, prepare and execute client event poster sessions, including sourcing of appropriate vendors.
· Coordinate speaker information, sending of invitations, tracking acceptance of speakers, and handling of travel needs.
· Collaborate with appropriate parties to determine event programs, sessions and speakers.
General Meeting Management
· Maintain and manage meeting planning timeline for pre, onsite and post meeting that enables and anticipates long-term planning and effective event management.
· Manage the selection and usage of a registration system and produce registration reports.
· Supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of personnel, subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute all aspects of the event on the scheduled delivery day.
· Determine and manage the Food and Beverage, Audio Visual, Security, and Staffing needs of client events.
· Convention Center knowledge of union labor, utilities, ordering processes and timelines.
· Review meeting space, manage room assignments and determine room sets.
· Trouble-shoot and smooth issues relating to the successful execution of the event program.
· Source and manage any needed vendors to ensure execution of client events.
· Determine staff travel schedules, roles and responsibilities.
Sponsorship and Exhibits
· In coordination with the Executive Director, identify potential revenue streams and determine sponsorship and exhibit opportunities/levels associated with each event.
· Manage exhibit and sponsorship sales and ensure all benefits are implemented.
· Design and implement exhibition space, source appropriate decorator contractor for exhibit space.
Marketing and Communications
· Establish communication protocols and operating procedures with client Executive Directors, communications staff and volunteer program committees to effectively promote events to target audiences.
· Manage speaker communication and logistics pre-event and onsite to ensure preparedness to provide effective presentations and materials.
· Provide logistical content for meeting website.
· Direct and execute the marketing effort of client events.
· 5+ years experience in association meeting planning
· Planning in a Convention Center required
· CMP not required, but given preference
· Travel to client meetings, domestic and international
· Experience with Scientific Meetings
· Experience with International Meetings
About Talley Management Group, Inc.:
TMG is a full-service
and accredited Association Management Company. Founded in 1987, TMG have 20
Full-Service Association Management Client-Partners, 12+ Meetings and Events Client-Partners
and 12+ Consulting Clients. Headquartered in Mount Royal, NJ, our team of 40+
Association Management Professionals enjoy a fun, rewarding and unique office
Learn more about TMG at http://www.talley.com/about-us/