Convention Sales Manager
If you like working with a talented team, being busy, having fun at work, and being part of the economic engine that helps drive the Greater Madison area, joining our creative crew could be a great fit for you!
The Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau (GMCVB), and the Madison Area Sports Commission (MASC) are passionate about promoting the Madison area to visitors and locals alike. We do it by:
- Attracting new conventions, sporting events and competitions to the community
- Providing expert service and support to people who visit Madison for events
- Sharing relevant and timely information about all there is to do in our city
- Conducting and analyzing tourism research
- Building our local economy!
The Convention Sales Manager is a full-time, benefits eligible position who is responsible for total account management of large national accounts by creative awareness of Madison/Dane County and its meeting facilities as a national destination of the meetings industry.
For more details and the job description, visit our website:
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 4 years related experience in B2B sales
- Sales experience and community/industry relationships within the agricultural industry is highly preferred
- Proven hospitality sales, meetings/event planning industry experience or similar sales experience also highly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success in sales
- Proven skills in account management, direct sales, sales presentations (oral and written) and trade show exhibiting required
- A passion for the Madison area, with a strong interest in sporting and competitive events preferred
Why You Should Apply
- Creative work with supportive, collaborative co-workers
- New office space on the vibrant Capitol Square
- Generous benefits package
- Promote the Madison area
- Help grow the local economy
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
How to Apply
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or by mail to:
22 E Mifflin Street, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53703
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit your application as soon as possible for early consideration.