Visit Anaheim’s mission is to develop, market and sell Anaheim benefiting the economic vitality of our communities. To advance the overall goals of Visit Anaheim by positioning the Anaheim area & and the Anaheim Convention Center (ACC) as the premier meeting destination globally.
The Convention Sales Managers’ primary objective includes selling, promoting and securing citywide conventions for Anaheim and the Anaheim Convention Center and increasing Anaheim's market share of meetings, conventions and trade show business generating occupancy and tourism tax revenues for the city of Anaheim.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Vice President Convention Sales, responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
1. Responsible for developing sales plan to create awareness of destination and aggressively pursue all large citywide opportunities and exceed aggressive goals for accounts in DC and MD.
2. Responsibilities include prospecting and generating qualified leads, creating and delivering sales presentations/proposals for the Anaheim convention campus, site visits, and securing citywide definite bookings.
3. Strive to understand the strategic needs/objective of each customer to offer strategic business solutions and quantify the value of the business to Visit Anaheim.
4. Nurture relationships with current clients and secure new accounts that have not utilized Anaheim.
5. Responsible for maintenance and coordination of existing files/accounts and ensuring all accounts, customer information and sales activities are entered into Sales Database.
6. Must have ability to travel to any US destination for business development purposes if required. Coordinate and execute trade shows and client events if assigned.
7. Collaborate with Client Services Manager on seamless client turnover and site inspections to showcase destination.
8. Maintain visibility in the marketplace through membership and participation chapter meetings of industry associations (MPI, PCMA, IAEE, ASAE, ESPA, etc.), to increase business opportunities by enhancing knowledge and relationships to the meetings/events industry.
9. Responsible for producing monthly reports, participation in conference calls, review of leads and bookings as assigned by supervisor. Management of assigned budgets and submission of expense reports accurately and timely.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Limited exposure to confidential information given from president.
B. Mental Application Employee handbook followed guidelines.
Conditions and Equipment
A. Working Conditions.
Must be willing to work out of home office in the DC area.
Must be available to travel if required.
B. Equipment Operation
Telephone, computer (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SimpleView), copy machine, laser printer, e-mail and internet.
A. Education Required: College degree required.
Preferred: 4-year college degree. Concentration in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred.
3. Required: At least 5-years experience at CVB or major convention hotel. Must have track record of success in similar role.
Preferred: 10-years experience in sales role with leadership and consensus building skills; strategic planning experience. A proven track record of achieving sales goals
Required: Detailed-oriented with ability to oversee projects and budgets, connect with clients and partners. Willingness to learn, grow, and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. Superior communication skills, both oral and written. Self-starter, with hands on approach towards business.
Preferred: Computer knowledge (keyboard and software programs –SimpleView, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word), knowledge of key markets, and related industry associations and trade shows and meetings.
D. Location Must be willing to work out of home office in the DC area.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally. Work week may regularly exceed 37 ½ hours and not be limited to traditional work days Monday- Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while perform essential functions of this job. The work environment is a professional business office.
A consistent and reliable presence at work is necessary.
Please submit resumes to Debbie Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line to read: Convention Sales Manager