Work for a Tourism Industry Leader
Visit Seattle is now hiring a Convention Services Manager to join our team of dedicated, service-oriented professionals. This position is responsible for being the direct point of contact for convention clients, providing convention services, conducting planning visits for meeting planners and creating the best “Seattle” experience to ultimately drive more business to our partners and to the city. We are looking for a polished professional with exceptional customer service skills who is also able to foster relationships and work with a wide variety of people. The ideal candidate will also have comprehensive knowledge of the Seattle area, have a strong service approach with all whom they interact and be a creative problem solver with endless energy and enthusiasm for promoting Seattle and our partners.
Essential job functions:
- Provide convention services for definite in-house and citywide groups while acting as a liaison between our Visit Seattle partners and meeting planners, convention attendees and visitors.
- Create the best “Seattle” experience for our clients and ultimately drive positive economic impact for our partners and the city.
- Communicate, publicize and educate Visit Seattle partners about the value and importance of Visit Seattle’s conventions and meetings industry and how to communicate their services to meeting planners.
- Stimulate attendance for conventions through promotional travel, marketing assistance, collateral distribution, and partner opportunities.
- Organize and conduct planning visits to include welcoming and escorting meeting planners throughout the city in advance of their convention.
- Represent Visit Seattle at company and client sponsored events.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of customer service and/or convention services experience in a hotel, DMO, convention and meeting facility, or destination management company is required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and positive attitude on the phone, via email, and face-to-face.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to identify and effectively deal with conflict.
- Proven ability to work independently while effectively prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Seattle, King County, Washington State, and Pacific Northwest region.
- Ability to work effectively and establish quick and meaningful relationships with internal and external groups.
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Effective problem solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
We offer a friendly, fun, team-oriented work environment in a downtown office tower connected to the Washington State Convention Center, a competitive benefits package which includes a Paid Time Off program with 15 days to start, 10 paid office holidays, employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, plus 401k with employer matching.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to travel around the downtown core and outlaying neighborhoods.
- Position will require occasional weekends, early morning and evening hours based on client’s schedule and needs.
- Occasional travel.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.