ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) is a world-renowned, member-based professional organization focused on serving the technical, educational and other programmatic needs of the engineering and technology communities on a worldwide basis. ASME generates approximately $115 million annually from the sale of products and services and provides a wide range of mission focused programs and activities. We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Coordinator, Events Marketing in our Houston, TX office.
The Coordinator, Events Marketing is responsible for providing marketing and campaign support for a variety of research and development conferences and industry events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining a marketing schedule for assigned events
- Copy writing for event websites, emails, collateral and supporting promotional deliverables
- Scheduling and executing marketing campaigns to the internal database. Monitoring and reporting on performance
- Recruiting new conference attendees by capturing target prospect requirements and working with Marketing and Marketing Operations teams to develop supplemental campaigns for external acquisition (as necessary). This may include pay-per-click or paid social media campaigns
- Overseeing and maintaining the online conferences and events calendar
- Coordinating social media efforts with Social Media team
- Where needed, create collateral that will support the sales team in securing sponsors/exhibitors or assist in the execution of specific marketing deliverables within the sponsorship contract
- Additional duties as required
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with at least two years of work experience. Prior experience in engineering, education or technology is preferred. Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills are required with a strong attention to detail. He/she must possess the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. The candidate must also have a solid understanding of digital marketing and have experience in email marketing, SEO, PPC campaigns, social media, and analytics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. ASME takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.