ASIS International, the world's largest membership organization for security management professionals, is seeking an experience sales leader to serve as Director, Event Sales for our portfolio of industry-leading global events and tradeshows.
The Director, Event Sales is a vital part of the ASIS team responsible for revenue generation and the oversight and direction of all exhibit and sponsorship sales activities. Reporting to the VP, Events and Business Development, the Director will interact with all levels of the organization. ASIS seeks an aggressive self-motivated leader who possesses strong time, people and priority management skills.
The Director is responsible for expanding revenue and achieving department revenue goals, building and maintaining a reliable business development database and robust prospect pipeline, and leading the business development team tasked with all exhibit and sponsorship sales activities. He/she will manage a team of sales professionals responsible for understanding the broad security industry and identifying appropriate companies to exhibit at and/or sponsor ASIS events. He/she will develop an annual sales plan which outlines effective sales strategies that will ensure the organization maintains a continually growing, diversified revenue stream.
The successful candidate will be a results-driven individual who is able to build and maintain long-term strategic partnerships. Experience managing a sales team is preferred with a demonstrated history of developing sales plans that increase sales/revenue a must. Key traits include creativity and excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with exhibitors, as well as proven ability in the area of helping an organization promote diversified revenue growth. Additional experience and qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities required for the position (Advanced education beyond bachelor’s degree and CEM preferred).
· 5-8 years of exhibit & event sales and experience and demonstrated history of developing successful sales plans that increase sales/revenue.
· Experience with booth and sponsorship sales, working with an exhibition of similar size and scale to ASIS. Security industry knowledge highly desirable.
· Experience leading an in-house sales function. Proven ability to successfully lead, mentor and develop a team of sales professionals.
· Experience building and maintaining relationships with vendors and/or other external parties.
· Advanced organization and project management skills.
· Self-starter with strong time & priority management, people management, and prospect follow up skills.
· Experience with sales and floorplan management software. Salesforce and Map Your Show Software, as well as Netforum Association Management Software preferred.
ASIS offers an excellent employee benefits package including a rich health insurance plan, and generous 401(k) and paid time-off programs. EOE/M/F/D/V