I. Position Summary:
Responsible for ecting all aspects of the Events Department and working with clients to assist in planning and producing their events at the Center, to include coordination with internal staff, preferred provider services and outsourced contractors.
II. Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
· Communicates with the client(s) continuously to keep client updated on a timely basis with the needed information and necessary s to order services at the Center.
· Communicates with the client(s) continuously to keep client updated on a timely basis as to charges anticipated and those being incurred.
· Develops client invoices and reviews them with the client for approval. Forwards approved invoices to accounting.
· Responsible for insuring the setup of each nonfood event is complete according to the client's instructions and agreements.
· Manage a diverse environment with a main focus on client and customer service.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Direct the day-to-day activities of the Events Department
· Advise staff of al policies and procedures.
· Scheduling of Events Department Staff.
· Plan, Organize, and Assign Events to Events Department Staff.
· Administrative duties for Events Department and General Manager, as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Problem Solving- entifies and resolves in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving.
· Change Management- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
· Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
· Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Leadership- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
IV. Education/Qualification Requirements:
· 5-7 years experience in progressively responsible event management or coordination position, preferably with a convention center.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Demonstrated written and oral communication and presentation skills.
· Working knowledge of convention industry computer systems and related software applications strongly preferred.
· Ability to travel and availability to work evenings and weekends as required.
· Self-directed and self-motivated team player with a positive outlook.