The Event Manager is responsible for providing professional client support in the planning, organization, and management of small to large events within the orado Convention Center (CCC) as assigned and monitoring the logistics of these events.
During the pre-planning of an event, the Event Manager must seek out the client's requirements and their expectations; disseminate event requirements to internal departments; oversee the implementation of the event; and coordinate with subcontractors pertinent to the event.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the key liaison between clients and CCC departments while pre-planning and during the event.
- Determine the event criteria from the client and compose a detailed event document with individual instructions to each department.
- Serve as the lead Event Manager for clients in handling any unexpected changes, requests, and unusual circumstances as they arise.
- Coordinate with Operations: equipment distribution/inventory, room set requirements, and special staffing requirements.
- Plan and coordinate activities with the various service contractors for assigned events; includes general service contractor/decorator, audio visual, and/or production, food and beverage, etc.
- Inspect leased event space during move-in, move-out, and show hours to oversee enforcement of Fire Safety Regulations and proper setup. Monitors facility set-up.
- Guide clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies, and procedures.
- Keep clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, and other relevant details.
- Prepares cost estimates and assists the accounting department with final billing.
- Attends appropriate planning, organization, and other event and facility meetings in support of CCC operations.
- Conduct prospective client tours and help the client visualize the variety of uses on how their event can effectively take place at CCC.
- Maintain an overall philosophy of providing the highest level of customer service possible.
- Communicate in a courteous, cooperative, respectful, timely, and professional manner with CCC staff, clients, and subcontractors.
- Work irregular hours, evening, holidays, and weekends as required, to insure proper supervision of assigned events and activities scheduled at CCC. Available 24-hours as follows:
One day prior to an event's first move in day;
Throughout the event; and
One day after an event's last move out day
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA in Business Management, Communications, or Hospitality Management and a minimum of two (2) years' experience in event planning or related field preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and inter-personal skills among all levels of staff and clientele required
- Ability to speak, understand and read English required
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people among all levels within an organization required
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently with limited supervision required
- Assists in enforcing facility's exclusive services required
- Perform leadership role and job tasks effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities required
- Work effectively with complex flows of information required
- Detail-oriented required
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills required
- Provide customer service in a professional and considerate manner required
- Excellent record of dependability and reliability required
- Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require certifications by law and/or job assignment. Position requires frequent walking, climbing stairs, standing on cement floors, turning, stooping, bending; may be subject to adverse working conditions; dust, grime, noise, fumes, wet floors etc., including weather; may require use of an electric cart; requires irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays, determined by event schedule and/or department need; requires 2-way hand held radio and company cell phone usage.
The essential responsibilities of each position are described under the ings in the job description and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation, or other reasons. The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Applicants who need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact 303-228-8000.
Colorado Convention Center/SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Closing Date: September 24, 2018