ABOUT JENNER & BLOCK
Jenner & Block (www.jenner.com) is a law firm with global reach, with more than 500 lawyers and offices in Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC. The firm is known for its prominent and successful litigation practice and experience handling sophisticated and high-profile corporate transactions. Firm clients include Fortune 100 companies, large privately held corporations, financial services institutions, emerging companies and venture capital and private equity investors. The American Lawyer recognized the firm as the #1 pro bono firm in the United States seven of the past 10 years; the firm has been ranked among the top 10 in this category every year since 1990.
The Events and Conference Center Manager is accountable for supervising the New York office receptionists, switchboard and conference center personnel who are responsible for ensuring the following functions are handled in a professional manner reflecting a “high touch” hospitality and customer service focus. The ideal candidate will have considerable expertise in a “high touch” hospitality environment with a minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility, including serving in a supervisory or management capacity. This is an exempt role that reports to the Director of Administration. This role is scheduled Monday - Friday 8:45am - 4:45pm. Additional hours as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Accountable for managing the Reception, Switchboard, Catering andConference Personnel
- Responsible for arranging and managing internal and external events
- Responsible for ensuring the services provided are handled professionally and reflect a customer service attitude and approach
- Ensure the experience of visiting clients and guests is positive, efficient and comprehensive
CRITICAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Reception and Switchboard: supervise Reception/Switchboard operations, whose tasks include:
- Answering and directing incoming calls to NY main number
- Greeting Jenner personnel, clients and other guests
- Arranging building security clearance for guests and managing electronic keycards for visiting Jenner personnel
- Assuring visitor offices are fully cleaned and prepared for guests
- Arrange in-town transportation for guests
- Procure flowers/plants/other design elements for office Reception and other locations
- Conference Center Management:
- Oversee conference center staff for meeting room and visitor office booking management using NFS Rendezvous
- Assure that daily and weekly reports on visitors and meeting arrangements are run and distributed
- Interface with Technology and Facilities staff to assist with AV requirements and furniture and equipment moving and storage
- Catering Management:
- Vendor selection and contract negotiation for meal services, internal events, equipment/furniture rentals and other food and supply procurement needs
- Assure the consistent quality and reliability of vendors
- Oversee processing of invoices for above vendors and Seamless Web orders
- Internal and External Events:
- Collaborate with Recruiting, Business Development and other internal clients, including senior management, in arranging for various dinners, receptions, parties and other activities.
- Deal directly with internal and external clients for scheduling and space layout
- Identifying sites for events including site visits to potential venues and negotiate contracts with caterers, restaurants, hotels and other venues and coordinate any third party requirements
- Host the event, including guest reception and other day-of activities with support from staff and internal clients
- Undergraduate degree preferred in business management or hospitality related field, or equivalent work history.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience required.
- Strong understanding of reservation systems, functions and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively and create influence professionally, with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and make independent business decisions.
- Ability to supervise, lead and develop team members
Jenner & Block is an equal opportunity employer. All recruitment and employment decisions are made without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, marital, parental, veteran or any other protected status.