Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that was established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Explore the opportunities!
The Event Coordinator/Specialist position requires a broad range of skills and experience in support of key marketing objectives and goals. In addition to general administrative support of the marketing department, the position will be responsible for event management, from planning stages through follow-through efforts.
- Provides support to the Development and Marketing Department
- Plans trade shows and meetings identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists; and managing related expenses to a set budget
- Assists in the promotion of conference involvement, speaking opportunities, and products and services through public relations initiatives
- Maintains conference participation information on website
- Follows through on events by entering contacts in CRM and collaborating on drip campaigns in Marketing Automation tool
- Helps to measure value and return on investment of events in order to recommend where to focus future participation
- Manages community involvement activities across multiple offices
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Maintains stock of promotional products
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks on time and within budget
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve individual and company objectives
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills using CRM system (preferably Deltek), Microsoft Office, and other software programs
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers to provide support and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision when appropriate
- Minimum one (1) year of Tradeshow management experience required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, preferred.