About Our Company
The Canadian Institute, a global organization with affiliates in New York and London, UK, has for over 30 years been one of Canada’s leading providers of conferences and related products to senior leaders in the legal, business, and government sectors. With offices in Toronto, New York and London (UK), our talented team of professionals believe that growth and success occurs when the power of people and the power of information come together. This position will be based out of our Toronto office. http://www.canadianinstitute.com/home
Interested in working for a global company in a position that directs the planning and processes of the Event team? If so, then read on.
This newly created position is based out of Toronto and includes developing attendee event experience strategy and directing the execution of all events; planning, negotiation and management of event including its’ onsite branding; management of supplier database and overseeing the event expense budget.
- Direct and drive the execution of the company event program.
- Develop attendee event experience on a per event basis, with additional focus on VIP attendees.
- Provide leadership, counsel, coaching and developmental support to key reporting staff.
- Research suppliers, event concepts and cost proposals and execute events upon approval.
- Create and oversee the execution of conferences and events to support Producers in achieving their revenue targets.
- Manage all projects to assigned budgets by optimizing expenses, negotiating multiple supplier contracts.
- Appropriately manage people resources – both internal and external suppliers along with third party event companies.
- Assist Marketing Department in attracting top potential and existing clients.
- Assist Sponsorship Department in achieving high exhibitor satisfaction.
- Develop and recommend event policies that are clear and meet required regulatory requirements.
- Ensure staff meet client service level expectation including maintaining industry certification.
- Ensure consistent branding at every event.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the business need.
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Well-honed time management skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and diligence with follow up.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating and contract management skills.
- Extensive and current knowledge of event venues, entertainment options and contacts in the GTA, North America and International.
- Incumbent must demonstrate significant maturity and credibility in dealing with executives, and must be able to work on a highly independent basis, with excellent management skills.
- Strong client service focus.
- Strong ability to problem solve under pressure (e.g. time constraints, demanding attendees and speakers, change in requirements)
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years event planning experience, with a minimum of 10 years in managing a team, preferably in a corporate environment.
- University degree in business preferred with specific industry designation e.g. CMP, CMM or CSEP.
- Must be experienced in managing a large team of Event staff in a high-pressure environment by assessing individual needs and requirements.
- The incumbent must have strong negotiating and contract management skills for contracts ranging up to $100,000 +.
- Familiarity with accounting principles.
- Must possess excellent English writing skills. French and Spanish would be considered valuable assets.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis, at times on short notice.
Interested in joining the team? If so, please submit your persuasive cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org