The Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) is seeking a Manager, Events and Conferences to lead the production of our events including our signature EMERGE conference, Network Summit, and other events. The Manager will work closely with stakeholders, manage event logistics, oversee content development, manage sponsorship sales and logistics, establish a consistent communication stream, track and execute on deliverables, and maintain processes.
The manager will lead all CFSI events from a production stand-point which includes management of vendors, speaker and session owner management, and sponsorship. We need an executor who can appreciate digging into the finer points of a project, but also has a strategic mindset and knows how the small relates to the whole. The manager will be a hands-on manager who isn't afraid to roll-up their sleeves and get the job done. The successful candidate would be an excellent and tactful communicator, especially across teams and with new people.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordinating all event-related logistics and operations support for CFSI events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, communicating and managing hotels/venues, audio visual, destination management, and transportation vendors.
- Develop and execute a strategy to create a superior attendee experience for all events by maintaining guest focus while driving improvement and satisfaction.
- Manage the day-to-day, ensuring flawless execution at the event management-level that represents the CFSI brand; setting and evaluating event goals and metrics, and integrating data from surveys and brand into the process.
- Manage contract vendors and staffing, from venues to AV equipment to catering to talent. Implement the vision for the event by hiring appropriate vendors and searching for talent and technical staff who can do the job according to the needs of the event. Will be the onsite event lead for hotel and all additional vendors.
- Lead the execution of attendee and sponsor deliverables for events including; collateral and material development, marketing, recruitment, sponsorship, etc.
- Oversee communications with the staff for all events including: session monitoring, Q&As, app development, and assist with the run of show with the support of the Associate, Events & Conferences.
- Be a consultant for other departments to pre-plan or determine event management needs. Assist in the designing and producing of events as needed.
- Accountable for metrics, reports, process documentation with support from the Associate, Events & Conferences
- Reconcile invoices and budgets to ensure all expenses are reconciled and forecasted monthly; work to meet financial objectives to deliver on time and on budget.
- Evaluate new trends and processes for logistics.
- Supervise the Associate, Events & Marketing
- Develop sponsorship opportunities and manage sponsorship sales process.
- Assist in the design, production, maintenance of sponsorship sales collateral (kit, deck, contract, invoice, etc.)
- Prepare sponsorship proposals and assist in the closing of sales by following up, attending sales calls, and overseeing contracting process with relationship managers.
- Track and report progress of all sponsorship activity through meetings and using event tools, including the accounting of committed, paid, invoicing, etc.
- Establish communication stream with Sponsors and be point-person to manage all high-touch relationships.
- Coordinate the delivery and execution of all sponsorship benefits.
- Attend all team meetings and other relevant stakeholder meetings. Maintain regular communication with executive or project Lead.
- Establish post-conference sponsorship summary for each sponsor and oversee evaluation process.
- Manage post-conference communication and initial sales pitch to alumni sponsors.
- Oversee session owner and speaker management with Associate, Events and Content manager.
- Help with the coordination of all VIPs. Approve and manage the planning and execution of various speaker-related logistics including any honorariums, additional travel, and ad hoc meetings.
- Work closely with team in the preparation of all conference-related materials for speakers including speaker bios, session descriptions, headshots, releases, etc.
- Provide onsite support for speakers as well as support for the overall event.
- Measure and analyze content results from evaluations and report back to the team.
- 6-10 years experience planning and coordinating event logistics and production;
- Exceptional event management efficiency
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships with internal and external clients. Ability to partner with event staff, venues, 3rd party suppliers, external speaker agencies, legal and procurement
- Project and budget management experience and expertise; experience tracking and reporting
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail with the ability to prioritize numerous projects at once; multi-task and work in a quick changing environment with an ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to track and report back progress.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal that will provide the ability to communicate effectively with clients at all levels. Effectively collaborate with colleagues nationally.
- Must be self-motivated self-starter, articulate, and creative and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. Proactive and professional.
- Confident and facile with all types of technology. Well-versed in Apple, Android, PC, and Mac related products. A plus for experience in Adobe or Wordpress. Tech savvy with an eye for new technology to enhance customer experience and/or improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred.
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of CFSI. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application. The Center for Financial Services Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages submittals from diversity applicants. We provide equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.