Are you ready to take an exciting next step in your career? We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and experienced professional to act as the senior strategic and operational events leader for our global user conference and related conferences throughout the year. As a leader on the Event and Experience Marketing Team, you will be a key contributor to setting the department's direction and vision. You will bring our global user conferences to life by developing, designing, and delivering Esri flagship events. Successful candidates will have a broad, large-scale event and experience marketing background, management experience, and successful track record collaborating with key business units throughout an organization.
- Provide leadership by setting conference direction in strategic alignment with key stakeholders
- Create clarity for all workflows and functional teams
- Operate transparently and build partnerships with all areas of the company
- Manage processes, teams, and schedules to deliver events on time and on objective
- Bring together exciting content and experiences for our attendees
- Develop short-term and long-term vision for our global user conference and related conferences
- Develop strong partnerships with sales, marketing, and product teams, corporate branding, senior management, and others to build consensus and align goals and activities
- Research and assess best practices and comparative reviews of competitor, industry, and leading events and programs
- Leverage your creativity to bring the left and right brain aspects of your planning to life
- 10+ years of experience designing, developing, and delivering major event programs for customers and prospects globally, preferably in the software or related industries
- Experience with the business impact and strategic use of user conferences
- Exceptional leadership, teambuilding, and collaborative skills developing and working with high performing teams who understand business and audience needs
- Ability to contribute to cross-functional global teams
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of an organization via presentation, written, and spoken channels
- Successfully led several complete events or diverse work streams from initial objective setting through brainstorming, development, and deployment
- Desire to thrive in rapid growth, fast-paced environment; ability to adapt well to change and act with urgency
- A self-driven work ethic and model
- Bachelor's in business or related field (master's preferred)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.