You are invited to apply for a Brand Experience/Event/Protocol Leader with our Communications & Public Affairs (CPA) division. In this role, you will be responsible for developing an existing team that drives face-to-face engagements with Argonne National Lab for high profile visitors from the Department of Energy (DOE), government, industry, academia (not K-12 Education), and the local community.
You will have the authority and chance to define which visits/tours/open houses should or should not move forward. You will also establish a vision for events we resolve have strategic value to the Lab. This will include developing an agenda that improves the Lab's position for a given audience, leading a team that provides logistical support and ensuring follow up as appropriate. You will handle budget and resources to execute on the vision for Lab visits.
This newly created role will be accountable to the Laboratory Director, Chief of Staff, Associate Laboratory Director’s (ALD) for quality and effectiveness of visits, and the Chief Communications Officer for management of resources and staff.
Your Primary Activities Will Include:
- Setting the vision for VIP Events
- Leading all logistics via support team
- Integrating and communicating with all parties (speakers, hosts, security, catering, facilities, photography/video, etc.) involved in executing the event plan
- Ensuring proper brand representation and exemplary customer happiness for visits and tours
- Executing all events and visits with utmost consideration for safety and security
- Driving strategy for tiered support for visits of varying levels of strategic importance
- Documenting processes for repeatability, identifying and assembling opportunities for continuous improvement
- Coordinating follow-on actions to further engagement with visitors
- Supervising event staff, guiding team priorities and collaboration, growing team skills and effectiveness
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong people management, working through both influence and control
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communications skills
- Client service mindset, putting interests of the visitors/audience at the center of the planning
- Executive presence, able to interact with senior leadership at the Lab, high level government and elected officials, and C-level executives from industry
- Meticulous budget management and steward of Lab resources
- Deadline driven, highly responsive without creating an atmosphere of stress or anxiety
- Flexible and adaptable with highly fluid situations and strong personalities
- Experience dealing with a culturally diverse population and understanding cultural differences inside the Lab as well as with our users and visitors
- Familiarity with event management tools and standard methodologies including cVent
We expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 10+ years of work experience
- 5+ years people management experience
- Strong career progression and track record of successfully executing high profile events with VIP audiences
- Manage small team
- 0-10% travel
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.