The Executive Meetings Manager is responsible for developing business for the Washington, DC metropolitan area as a meeting/convention destination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
- Generate bookings for meetings and conventions according to the priorities outlined in the marketing plan or more specifically meet certain seasonal and market segment factors.
- Identify, research, and prospect target accounts to uncover additional business opportunities for the city.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional events and industry trade shows with a goal towards developing Washington, DC business interests.
- Produce sales leads for destination’s hotel partners.
- Follow up on lead sources via inquiry, trade shows and trade publications.
- Facilitate Washington Convention Center event proposals.
- Execute and oversee client site inspections.
- Assist the direct sales effort by attending sales missions, meetings, trade shows and other industry-related functions as assigned.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the destination including the general area, convention center, hotels, and services.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and competing cities through trade publications, industry events, and travel.
- Manage client relationships to ensure adequate account servicing.
- Execute all other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Sales, Director of Sales, and Vice-President of Convention Sales & Services.
Competencies & Education
1. Minimum one to two (1-2) years sales experience in related field, preferably convention bureau, facility or hotel sales and convention services
2. Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. /B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
3. Ability to read, analyzes, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Willingness to work evenings and weekends; willingness to travel
7. Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities
8. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office, customer relationship management software and destination management software systems required