The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world’s largest organization
of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking a motivated individual to join
our dynamic Corporate Relations Team as an Exhibit Manager in our
Chicago, IL office. The Exhibit Manager develops, implements and manages
the exhibit sales, customer service for exhibitors, coordinates exhibit
logistics and onsite management of the annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®).
· Show/event sales responsibilities include: sales pipeline, lead generation, maintenance of sales database and renewals to secure non-dues revenue
· Manages coordination of general services contractor and related vendors for the Expo
· Show/event management pre-, onsite and post-meeting
· Exhibitor customer service and invoicing
· Manages Expo related communications and collateral
· Assist in the development of the annual budget for exhibit management revenue and expenses
· 5+ years of trade show exhibit/events industry experience, CEM, CME-H or equivalent required
· A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications
· Demonstrated experience in successfully cultivating and managing client/account relationships
· Proven record of successful sales strategies to drive growth
· Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills with a head for logistics
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Possess the ability to address difficult situations with finesse
· Demonstrated ability to work well independently and collaboratively as part of a team
· Share an enthusiasm for the industry, the role and his/her potential impact on the Academy and its mission
· Must have a positive attitude and passion for sales and client service
· Experience in the food and nutrition or CPG industries a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Excel and experience working with contact management software
· Strategy/planning, project management, sales, client services and administrative skills
The Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy’s office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.