Become an integral part of the team at The Society of Thoracic Surgeons,
a non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping more than 7,500
surgeons, researchers, and allied healthcare professionals achieve the best
possible outcomes for surgeries of the heart, lung, esophagus, and other
chest-related surgical procedures. Enhancing the ability of cardiothoracic
surgeons to provide optimal care through education, research, and advocacy, our
ultimate goal is to improve the lives of patients everywhere. Join us in this
promising role, and see the positive impact your skills can make.
Reports to: Director of Meetings and Conventions
Manage all trade show and exhibiting functions in conjunction with the STS Annual Meeting, STS/AATS Tech-Con, STS standalone meetings, and the Southern Thoracic Surgical Association Annual Meeting, including exhibit planning, managing and implementing exhibit logistics and sales, and fostering positive business relationships with exhibitors and contract service providers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop periodic related RFPs and manage selection and contracting process for general service contractor.
- In conjunction with Marketing and Communications Department, develop the exhibitor prospectus, periodic editions of STS Exhibitor News, and updated exhibition rules and regulations as needed.
- Design, develop, and maintain exhibit floor plans.
- Sell, assign, and confirm booth space and multi-purpose suites in exhibit management system.
- Serve as main contact for exhibit management software vendor.
- Oversees logistics for ancillary activities that take place within the STS Annual Meeting exhibit hall.
- Manage exhibitor communications and create exhibitor service kits.
- Develop, maintain, and routinely update exhibitor database.
- Develop Annual Meeting budget for exhibit hall sales.
- Generate exhibitor revenue reports as needed.
- Serve as lead exhibit hall liaison to convention center and hotel staff.
- Manage Annual Meeting and other meeting shipments with trade show management companies, as assigned.
- Manage shipping logistics with general service contractor, vendors, and exhibitors for STS University.
- Oversee Exhibitor Advisory Council member selection process, communications, and meeting agendas.
- Develop related RFPs and manage selection, contracting, and scheduling for any necessary STS meeting security services.
- Assist Director of Meetings and Conventions with special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field is required.
Minimum of five years exhibit management experience. Association work experience, along with a working knowledge of a2z exhibit management software, is strongly preferred. CEM is a plus.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-through capabilities; attention to detail is essential
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, other organizations, and industry contacts; tact, diplomacy, and good judgment are essential
- Positive attitude in the workplace
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
- Ability to travel, as necessary
Energy, creativity, initiative, eagerness to learn, and professionalism required. Candidate must exemplify the STS Core Values of Quality, Innovation, Professionalism, Inclusiveness and Teamwork.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities