Provides support for sales and organization of sponsorships and exhibits for CHEST meetings and events. Assists the Senior Manager of Exhibits and Sponsorship Sales by performing various functions, including but not limited to: providing project management support, conducting research on new opportunities and supporters, administering databases, serving as a point of contact with exhibitors and sponsors, and maintaining computerized and print files as it correlates to Exhibits and Sponsorship.
1. Assists in growing sales for Exhibits and Sponsorships Department.
a. Assists in researching and cultivating new exhibit and sponsorship customers.
b. Provides assistance in researching and developing new exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities, deliverables, and packages.
c. Researches pricing models.
d. Aids in developing new solicitations for exhibit and sponsorship opportunities.
2. Provides customer service and communication support to exhibitors, sponsors, and outside vendors to facilitate and advance sales opportunities.
a. Serves as a support contact for communication with Exhibitors and Sponsors.
b. Answers questions about opportunities and facilitates appropriate hand off for fulfillment.
c. Assists with all Learning Theaters and Symposia (CME and non-CME) activity both on site and prior to live meetings. Serves as the forward facing single point of contact for each of these programs with external clients and vendors.
d. Contributes to the drafting and distribution of communication to exhibitors and sponsors. Includes, but is not limited to: sales campaigns and solicitations, right of first refusal forms, letters of agreement, Expo Gram communications.
e. Assists in the creation and distribution of post event surveys to sponsors and exhibitors.
f. Compiles list of deliverables and required signage for all sponsorships sold, coordinates sponsor logos and artwork use in all sponsorship programs, and assists with gathering information from sponsors and exhibitors for creation of marketing materials.
g. Manages process for review and approval of exhibitor and sponsorship ads, door drop brochures, and other marketing materials to meet time sensitive deadlines.
h. Supports the Senior Manager of Exhibits and Sponsorship Sales with communication to and coordination with outside vendors for sales projects (a2z, TriStar Publishing, Health eCareers, Social Reality)
3. Develops and implements policies and procedures for optimizing Exhibit and Sponsorship sales and efficiencies.
a. Gathers and organizes contracts and other paperwork for exhibit and sponsorship commitments.
b. Contributes to the development of systems that enhance organization of sales-related documentation and information.
c. Coordinates and completes data entry for numerous systems, including, but not limited to: a2z, Passport, and PlanTour.
d. Assists the Senior Manager of Exhibits and Sponsorship Sales in updating content for all client applications and contract agreements annually.
4. Assists in supporting further development of CHEST grants program.
a. Researches new supporters and opportunities.
b. Provides support, as needed for live programs and events.
1. Performs all other ad hoc duties as assigned.
2. Manages other projects and completes other tasks, as needed.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
1. Combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
2. Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to successfully complete multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
3. Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
4. Excellent planning and organizing skills
5. Effective problem-solver
6. Proficient in customer service skills
7. Results oriented; detail and service oriented; positive attitude
8. Demonstrated ability to get things done no matter the obstacle
9. Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in a Macintosh environment