The Function Space Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing inventory strategy and yield management functions of space in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (WEWCC). This individual will analyze short and long-term existing opportunities and audit function space controls to ensure effective use of meeting space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
• Conduct a complete audit of all convention center groups and adjust space accordingly to maximize revenue
• Generate organized historical value of meeting space and rooms/space ratios
• Attend daily business review (DBR)
• Review all bookings outside of guidelines
• Review all additions to space outside of group's original Letter of Intent
• Research historical performance for all convention center groups
• Track any lost/turn-down business due to space
• Outline space opportunities by time frame to discover need dates and key dates
• Monthly project review meeting with VP, CSS; DOS; DOCS to report on actions from previous weeks and invite feedback
• Space Audits: Conducted on a regular basis to open up patterns and space
o Identify potential resolution for space conflicts via Sales and Event team members
o Review space use of groups on the books to ensure that space is being condensed appropriately
o Function space audit for 18 month booking policy reviewing space conflicts, holds, set-up/teardown and open space
· Consult with Sales managers & Event managers to ensure room block to space ratio to maximize total capacity of WEWCC function space
· Tracking of new revenue/metrics as a result of function space objective
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Competencies & Education
1. Minimum four to five (4 - 5) years sales, revenue or service management experience in related field, preferably convention bureau, facility or hotel sales and convention services
2. Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) from four-year lege or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
3. Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journalsand technical procedures.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities
7. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required
8. Other duties as assigned.
Accountabilities & Measures
1. Success will be measured by increased booking opportunities, additional net WEWCC revenues and increased total room nights in the destination.
2. Periodic performance evaluations gauging quantitative and qualitative performance against identified goals.