Position Title: General Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The General Manager is responsible for the direction and management of the office in areas of: sales goal attainment, client relationship development, employee relations, strategic meetings, policy development, problem resolution, as well as specific responsibilities related to the P&L of the office. Additionally, this position assists with market development and ensures increasing levels of client and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of employees, programs, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective solutions-developer to business challenges.
- Coach and assist the office towards completion of sales gross profit percentage goal.
- Hire, train, and evaluate job performance of employees and participate in the termination process.
- Provide continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of staff on budgetary issues that impact their budgets.
- Initiate and lead strategic meetings to review large opportunities to increase the chances of winning them.
- Provide pertinent information for press releases to the Director of PR & Marketing for newsworthy items.
- Ensure compliance with company standards including sales proposals, costing of proposals, event production and day-to-day office operations.
- Oversee and support local and hotel marketing efforts.
- Conduct quarterly analysis of competition through website review and local counter-intelligence.
- Make follow up calls on Lost- and Post-Program Evaluations.
- Handle client issues as needed.
- Participate in the development of AlliedPRA's programs for short and long-range plans.
- Evaluate the office structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the office, as well as provides individual employees with professional and personal growth objectives and opportunities.
- Work with Sales Manager(s) to develop annual sales action plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience in management, including hiring, training, motivating, terminating and regular job appraisals , preferably in a DMC, incentive travel, event management or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Marketing, Hospitality, or related area is required.
- Knowledge of the local destination.
- Industry relationships in local destination required.
- Knowledge of program design and development, from inception through contract.
- Excellent analytical skills for program costing, budget development and strategic planning.
- Proven ability to provide leadership by managing, directing and motivating office staff towards their sales goal and gross profit percentage.
- Proven ability to provide leadership for challenge resolution to facilitate timely improvements and improved working relationships.
- Proven ability to successfully communicate with staff, supplier/partners, clients, and the community.
- Proficient on computer programs needed for position such as: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to train staff.
- Ability to professionally represent AlliedPRA in the community and at industry-related meetings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within deadlines for programs, proposals, meetings, and employee needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret client proposal requirements, RFPs, contracts, financial reports, and other legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, supplier/partners, and employees.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence, and develop and write proposals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, supplier/partners, and hoteliers.
- Ability to calculate program costs, percentages, discounts, profit margins, and perform other mathematical requirements involved in a proposal.
- Ability to prepare financial reports using complex calculations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to anticipate and deal with problems involving few concrete variables in a typical office situation.
- Ability to provide leadership through a high level of motivation, training and support to office staff by listening to their needs and assisting them with solutions to their challenges/opportunities.
- Possess the professional acumen to lead the team by example.
- Ability to measure performance to company goals and standards and establish targets for staff to attain.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY!
AlliedPRA believes in creating long-term relationships by being responsive and relevant and by consistently delivering value to our community and to our clients. Specifically with our employees, we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent for our business, challenging our people, demonstrating a "can-do" attitude and fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected age classification, ancestry, color, religious creed, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, and gender expression. AlliedPRA will make every reasonable effort to accommodate individuals based on their disability status.