Mission-driven (Stealth) LA-based social media platform launching Fall 2017 seeking experienced growth strategist to build and lead launch, initial customer acquisition and retention based on A/B testing, data analysis, insight gathering and reporting and product development tactics. This position is a unique opportunity for an innovative, risk-taking rising growth strategist specialist to take their career to the next level at an industry-defining platform as a founding member of the management team.
Candidate is responsible for leading all go-to-market growth activities, including planning, executing and monitoring initial marketing campaigns and growth strategies and tactics driving multi-platform customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
1. Launch and lead all strategic digital marketing and demand generation outreach and growth efforts driving brand awareness, conversation, conversion and retention for extensive multi-feature platform that recently completed 2-year design-development cycle;
2. Lead continuous product A/B testing with quantifiable objectives measuring results including data ideation and prioritization, experimentation and reporting to develop deep understanding of customer needs and drive community engagement;
3. Spearhead cross-functional collaboration with engineering and editorial teams for long-term project vision and short-term product evolution (i.e., improving onsite conversion via landing pages, sign-in flow, ad optimizations, success benchmarks and KPI’s);
4. Help team unlock full-growth potential through combining software, services and community;
5. Search out and mine undiscovered channels/pockets of potential members and partners; and
6. Manage all channels to maximize customer acquisition, engagement and retention to create viral growth.
1. Prior (successful) tactical growth experience, ideally in social media segment;
2. Extremely data-driven & analytical; well-organized with project management skills to manage multiple priorities and work autonomously in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
3. Demonstrated success in ground-up customer growth and engagement strategies, including building and managing customer acquisition strategies for web-based (ideally social) solution;
4. Solid knowledge applying qualitative and quantitative research methodologies with deep understanding of digital methods and techniques for online marketing and lead generation;
5. Experience executing product evolution cycle including analysis, prioritization, experimentation, tracking and reporting for insight-driven, next-step product recommendations;
6. Travel & tourism ‘special markets’ experience is a plus;
8. Fluent in data retrieval and analytics/growth tools and methods (e.g., Google Analytics, Optimizely for A/B testing, MailChimp, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends etc.);
9. Proven experience translating insights into actionable plans for scaling membership and expanding the platform; and
10. Adaptive, enthusiastic and collaborative interpersonal skills for fast-paced team environment with a strong commitment to integrity, honesty and ambition.