Meeting Management Services, Inc. (MMS) is a third-party meeting planning company located in Washington, DC. We offer clients full service planning and consulting for association and corporate conferences. We are hiring a junior meeting planner to our Logistics Team. Junior Meeting Planner will report to Director of Logistics and work out of the Washington D.C. office located on 1201 New Jersey Ave, NW. Applicants should have 1-3 years of planning experience for conferences; previous exhibit hall experience is a plus. Position will start as a back-up planner with travel approximately 20% annually. Salary will be commensurate with experience and include a full benefits package. Candidates with third-party experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task 5 - 8 projects at one time in fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills while executing duties with efficiency
- Detail oriented and proactive management approach
- Works well independently or within a larger team
- Positive, supportive and calm attitude
- Strong analytical skills - report accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong computers skills (PC, Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.)
- Conference logistics planning for clients, as assigned by Lead planner. Some planning duties could include: transportation, housing, décor, off-site activities or receptions, speaker coordination, etc.
- Sponsor fulfillment and some Exhibit Hall and GSC management, reporting to Exhibits/sales lead.
- Research and creative input for meeting design elements, food & beverage options, reception décor, etc.
- Coordinate RFP processes for smaller vendors and hotel blocks.
- Participate in meetings with client and internal team
- Vendor and volunteer team management, as assigned.
- On-site execution of meeting duties, as assigned.
Interested candidates must send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes received without a cover letter will be rejected. No calls accepted.