SmithBucklin, the leading Association Management Company, is looking for a Junior Registration Specialist to join our Event Services team in Chicago. The Event Services unit provides meeting, convention, event and tradeshow planning/execution worldwide through the expertise of our meeting professionals, who manage every facet and detail of our client organizations' events. Our goal is to work closely with a client organization's leaders to create an enjoyable conference experience for all attendees, exhibitors and sponsors, while ensuring a successful outcome based on the organizations' event objectives.
What You Will Do
Junior Registration Specialists are responsible for supporting a high-volume of client event registration needs. The eal candidate is energetic, has a history of providing excellent customer service, is organized and is capable of managing multiple tasks concurrently. This position requires a hands-on individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Assist and contribute to the overall planning of event registration during the pre, onsite and post show phases for multiple events simultaneously. (e.g. attendee customer service, coordinate registration website development, supplier coordination, clerical support and post event debrief evaluations)
- Attend meetings with client teams to gather and document event requirements and strategize potential solutions to challenges faced with their registration processes
- Pay close attention to detail, demonstrating accuracy and efficiency in financial reconciliation (process invoices, lect past due payments, reconcile monthly with accounting)
- Prepare statistical reports
- Ensure accurate and timely entering of records and information into database system for registration or exhibitor database
- Allocate time according to budget provided by project; checking that work has been carried out to specification and deadlines
- Facilitate continuous communication between SmithBucklin units, clients and exhibitors/sponsors, attendees, and suppliers to meet the needs of client organizations
This Role Might Be for You If...
- You exhibit strong multi-tasking and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- You're tech savvy and have a good grasp of computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite and exhibit software
- You have a demonstrated ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team
- You have a proven history of demonstrating a high level of professionalism
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You exhibit a high level of detail orientation
- You display strong customer service skills (phone skills, in person, emails)
- You have the ability to travel up to 25%, both domestic and international, and work overtime as needed to attend events and client meetings (including some weekends)
- BA/BS degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience doing event registration or related role
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be travel enabled, including some weekends
- Must be able to work overtime as neede
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working laboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking leagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.